Terraria Community Forums

FlakMaster
FlakMaster
The mechs made me prepare far too much, and there were potions that I used which I would rather not have wasted on Plantera. That, and the Jungle was very kind to give me a vast amount of space to make Plantera's second stage trivial. Even at 150k health, never lost more than 150 off my max health.

Golem, however, might actually be a different story.
Pixel
Pixel
If you can trap Golem and essentially separate his body parts with blocks for the first phase, lowering health should be easy. As for his Phase 2, all you'll need to do is dodge a lot from his projectiles, that do go through walls.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
Already done (about 10 times actually). I utilise a combination of stealth-activation for supreme damage to take out fists and half of the head health. Rest is 'glide 'n' shoot'. The first three kills, he was ultimately trapped because of worldgen screwing up as usual. I felt bad for him, so I moved the altar to a better position with the Picksaw I got on the third kill.
Pixel
Pixel
Interesting. I had to farm a lot for the Picksaw, about 7 times, until I finally got it. And thenthe next two times I fought Golem, he dropped two Picksaws.

RNG can really screw with you sometimes.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
It's usually annoying with Golem, but this playthrough he's been co-operative. Two Eye of the Golems, two sun stones, a picksaw and some Styngers and some crap I don't need.

Also, I left with 2 cells left because I ran out of arrows. That's what happens when you take away over 3 million health in one trip.
Pixel
Pixel
Y'see, I was glad I got a Sun Stone on my Golem fight. But either way, I'm still waiting for the Moon Stone to drop from the Solar Eclipse, especially considering I can go to the Tinkerer's Workshop and create the Celestial Stone.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
I'm waiting for a solar eclipse too, actually.

It would be hard with them having 5x health and 2x defence, had I not got a Shotbow. That thing is friggin' underrated.
Pixel
Pixel
I mean, Solar Eclipses, for me, are easy due to my crazy Magnet Sphere damage and use of my beloved Bat Sceptre. But even at that, Vampires just aren't in the mood to drop Moon Stones. Either way, I'm actually very grateful to have got a Legendary Death Sickle as a second-solar eclipse drop.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
I'm heading to the Dungeon now, actually. Not much reason to be there, as universal double defence severely limits the Tactical Shotgun's damage when used with Crystal Bullets.

Can't wait to engage a 25k health Paladin -_-
Pixel
Pixel
I love farming the dungeon if I'm ever out of money. Frost hydras are great, and the Magnet Sphere attacks constantly, allowing some ridiculous DPS.

The first couple times I encountered Paladins, they were difficult. Except once I got a set of Spectre Armour, with lifesteal that I couldn't live without, I noticed they were a lot easier.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
I'm never going to abandon the Ranged class; I need its sheer DPS :p

I need a damnable Nimbus Rod for ultimate farming, but have yet to get one. So, this whole play-through has been about direct assault.
Back
Top Bottom