Terraria Community Forums

W1K
W1K
tfw it's being announced right now.
MolochMekkane
MolochMekkane
Most excellent. Now I gotta hope it delivers.
W1K
MolochMekkane
MolochMekkane
I saw the trailer. There are no words that can do it justice.
W1K
W1K
DOOM 3 2.0
MolochMekkane
MolochMekkane
There was a time i might have given a damn, but Doom 3 is fine. Anyway, no. I played the hell out of Doom 3, this isn't Doom 3.
W1K
W1K
Granted I haven't seen anything particularly unique from the gameplay vids, the modding thing tho is kinda neat. Fallout 4 better deliver.
MolochMekkane
MolochMekkane
See, Doom 3 focused too much on trying to scare you. There weren't enough enemies to slaughter because of the jumpscares, some of the weapons were noticeably lacking, some of the ammo sizes were lame (60 bullet belt in a handheld minigun? The :red:?) And not a lot of action that wasn't in some way trying to be horror.
MolochMekkane
MolochMekkane
What we see here are all kinds of player actions, weapons don't even have magazines, and there are more enemies to kill, probably even more on higher difficulties. Maybe it looks like Doom 3, maybe the enemies resemble it, but it definitely is something else entirely to me.
W1K
W1K
It is decently action centered and I guess does properly potray DOOM. Still nothing particularly unique to my eyes, but that's most likely because I never particularly enjoyed the series that much.
MolochMekkane
MolochMekkane
Yeah, if you're into more complex things, it's not for you. Doom's beauty is in it's simplicity; The monsters can look generic, uninspired, it doesn't matter. They are there to be killed. There's no deeper conflict, no moral gray areas. They are demons; they want to kill humanity, steal your soul. So you kill every last one you see. If Doom 4 remembered that, it got it right.
MolochMekkane
MolochMekkane
"You get to have a spouse and an infant. We won't say how, but they totally die."
W1K
W1K
#FALLOUT4HYPE
MolochMekkane
MolochMekkane
"You can build your own settlement. Can't bring back that dead family though."
W1K
W1K
Can build unique guns, can't rebuild your dead family tho.
Back
Top Bottom