Terraria Community Forums

vanilla
vanilla
I have to wait for Mac :(
Kassiewary
Kassiewary
@vanilla That's what you get for using a mac.
vanilla
vanilla
I like mac better than PC tho.
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
Hey, I'm able to play it on my Mac. Mac's are superior in my terms, considering they can run two OSes at once. Also, vanilla, message me and I may be able to help you get it working on your Mac :D
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
"Can run two OSes at once."

PCs can run Windows, Linux, MS-DOS, and can emulate most other OSs effectively.

It's fun to make one side look better by not mentioning the other side can do it as well.
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
Idk, there isn't really a good way to argue OSes as far as I can tell. And you'll probably nitpick this so may as well say that Macs also have separate desktops, even on laptops and Windows only has 1 unless they have multiple screens, while Macs have that built in.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
The desktop is the thing I use to launch games from - and I don't even have my icons in the desktop itself, but in a folder-turned-menu in the task bar.

Having two of something I only use to stare at fancy pictures sounds useful. :dryadtongue:
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
It actually is to be honest. It even fixes some bugs with Terraria somehow. Like when opening the Steam interface my mouse gets stuck in the top right and I can't move it, and if I move to another and back the mouse is controllable again. Also, can't tell if you're being sarcastic about that last thing.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
That's what the "tongue" is for.
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
I don't know what you mean to be exact :/
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
That I don't find the desktop to be useful at all to begin with, since I handle things through folder menus - so having two of something I don't use is not a trait to me.

It's like when, in the old days, people would defend Macs saying they were better for creating computer art. My answer to that was basically " ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
The computer art part I agree doesn't make sense, but that's software and we're talking about hardware. Some people get used to only having one, while others don't like it much, like me. Vice versa too.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
What. The desktop is not hardware.

Hardware are the fancy things that you have in the Real World, inside or outside your actual computer. Like a keyboard, monitor, the video card or even the fans that keep your computer cold.

Unless you mean Macs come with two actual desktops. That would be useful since my two desktops are old and starting to wobble at times and need replacement.
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
I mean you can swipe between screens like having Terraria open on one screen and steam chat on another so you don't break your game which I've had to do. Or google chrome on one and Terraria on another. Or just pile everything onto one like Windows. Also, I'm pretty sure hardware is the OSes and software is applications.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
I think you should do some research, then. Software covers each and every program (the OS itself is software as well,) the "virtual" part of the computer, while hardware covers everything "physical," from mouses to the CPU itself.
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
Nevermind then XD (I looked it up) The more you know.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
... The better you can discuss. >_>
vanilla
vanilla
LETS JUST ALL AGREE GAMEBOY ADVANCE MASTER RACE
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
*Can emulate ten Gameboy Advance machines in his PC at once.*

Your master is my slave. >_>
vanilla
vanilla