Terraria Community Forums

Mattix
Mattix
why? If you've built an arena filled with lava and tried swimming in it, then it's only your own fault. You shouldn't take falling damage, because you've most likely gotten wings by the time, and you can use sunflowers and peace candles to lower enemy spawns.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
At the point of the game the Moon Lord is at, you're basically immune to all damage, or should give too little :red:s about damage not of ML proportions.
Rough Draft
Rough Draft
So people can't use damage from other sources to cheese the moonlord.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
These are very important questions, and please answer it seriously:

Do you use damage from other sources to 'cheese' the Moon Lord?

Does other players using that 'cheesing' affect you in any form or shape other than "omg dirty cashuls can beat the Moon Lord I hate dirty cashuls"?

If you answered "no" to both, why do you care?

Hope to hear good answers to all those. By the way, they're rhetorical questions.
Rough Draft
Rough Draft
Rhetorical or not, I have answers! No and no, as for the reason I care? I don't, really, which is why it's a profile post and not a full suggestion thread. Basically, the developers are clearly chasing down individual cheesing methods, when they could easily remove them all in one move. I figured I'd introduce an idea that'd solve the core issue, rather than its symptoms.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
And then we'll move unto building being "cheesing" and then, of course, buff potions are also "cheesing."

The path you're walking can only end with broken copper shortswords and no health potions.
Rough Draft
Rough Draft
That seems a bit of an extreme slippery slope argument. Patches have already clearly been made in effort to keep 'invuln spam from other damage sources' from being the strategy used in boss fights, both for 1.1 and 1.3. Attempts to discourage building and potion use, on the other hand, have never been touched. Remember that balance is an effort to avoid binary states, not reach them.
Back
Top Bottom