Terraria Community Forums

Exodus Starlit
Exodus Starlit
least if they could say you made it, but they don't they want something what they can't have.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
*Sigh* I was kind of hoping to report that... but apparently I can not log into the Steam site. Get the feeling I used my alternate email for my Steam account.

Although, no harm no foul if I could not do that. At least the thought counts, right?
(What I saying here is, "As you are the content creator then you are the one to report it and I can not as I was not the one that made it.")
Daimera
Daimera
Sadly, Steam has never done :red: whenever I've reported people stealing my art.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
Feels as though it is one of those things where you have to threaten to sue (and be able to back it up) to get a company to do something. Even Valve has their shortcomings...
Plaguerion
Plaguerion
That shouldn't have to be done though.. They could also just respond to these reports without any threats
Techhunter_Talon
W1K
W1K
Downvote to oblivion and it'll never get on the frontpage ever. Also multiple reports should do it.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
Plagiarists have always existed, and "big" sites have always been as inept at dealing with them. Always sad to see youngsters that think stealing ideas and calling them their own is acceptable.

Bad parenting 101.
Plaguerion
Plaguerion
You'd almost imagine them starting to fight amongst each other over who stole it first
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
... Would you be surprised if I told you I've seen that happen in fanfiction?

There was this very old Sailor Moon story (1993 I think) which nobody knows nowadays. I saw one with the same exact title in ff.net, and, as expected, it was just a copy-paste. But then I saw a review :red:ing at the plagiarist about how they'd stolen their fic, which was another copy-paste from a few years earlier. "Heh."
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
I would have reported them both if ff.net moderators existed. That site's likely to be running on automatic nowadays.
W1K
W1K
Daimera
Daimera
WOW, the guy deleted all the comments including the one with the link to the original, and changed the description to "I made these :p"

Literally human garbage.
W1K
W1K
Could I get the link to the DA post?
W1K
W1K
Time to spam this kid's post till he gets bored.

When I wake up later that is.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
Same. :p

Be nice if there was something that could be done to get Steam (Valve) to take this :red: seriously.
Dg-vr
Dg-vr
hope the salt burn his eyes tho. :u
W1K
W1K
Apparently he either gave up or steam got their :red:s up together.
Daimera
Daimera
Well, that's good! I'm gonna guess it was a 'gave up' situation, as all the other stolen art I've reported in the past is still there, hahaha. Well, one victory is still a victory! *holds up a vitamin water because she's out of hard cider* Thanks, guys! ❤
Back
Top Bottom