Terraria Community Forums

WilliamD
WilliamD
Crowd control+Massive damage+Mana Usuage= Balanced, yet good!
W1K
W1K
Mana usage doesn't exactly make it balanced as even mana sickness does not deliver enough damage penalties for Last Prism to be even remotely on par with every other weapon in the game.
On a side note +1 for master sparking all problems in life.
WilliamD
WilliamD
Actually, people usually struggle to maintain the beam for more than 5-6 seconds. Also, 25% damage reduction is actually a lot to high-damage weapons.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
It's an endgame weapon, though. Asking it to be balanced is like asking a politician to be honest - you should know better.
Aizria
Aizria
I can't help but keep quoting the infamous line from the bhagavad gita, "I am become death, destroyer of worlds.", followed by maniacal laughter.
WilliamD
WilliamD
Eh, it's endgame anyways. At that point, the monsters in your world should already suck nuts.
W1K
W1K
You see 25% less of 10000 dps does not quite bring it on par with the 3000 dps melee weapons.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
I felt compelled to shout "Sailor Planet Attack" the first few times I used it.
WilliamD
WilliamD
7,500 damage. 75 out of 100 damage can still mean quite a difference in some cases.
W1K
W1K
But not when the damage potential is much above double compared to other weapons. Honestly, the only counter-argument that I personally deem worthy mentioning is the fact mana potions can get really expensive with how fast prism eats them.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
"Do you know how long it took me to kill the Moon Lord? FIVE. SECONDS! It could have been four, but no, Mana sickness is horrible!"
Aizria
Aizria
The 25% damage reduction from mana sickness hurts a little bit, but in most cases, I barely notice it, lol. I mean, dropping from close to 20k DPS down to 15k-ish doesn't actually change much in the grand scheme of things when you're still melting everything at the speed of light. XDD
Aizria
Aizria
In any case, I get that it's /supposed/ to be a bit OP. I mean, the point of end-game gear is basically to make you feel like a god, and 1.3's end-game stuff does an excellent job of that. XD
Back
Top Bottom