Terraria Community Forums

Bezixx
Bezixx
You don't say... Minecart is still fast if you don't mind building tracks over spamming movement speed boosts.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
they seem to be born with a saddle though,

What I meant is that horsehoes were supposed for use on hardened surfaces, like asphalt. If i was right
zimberzimber
zimberzimber
There wasn't asphalt in the medieval era for warhorses to run into battle on though...

@[34350:mad:Bezix] Aren't you nice...
Erienna Nakagai
Erienna Nakagai
I was gonna post something in the Terraria logic jokes thread about asphalt making you go faster, but it makes sense. Would you run faster on extremely uneven dirt/stone/grass/whatever or extremely flat asphalt?
zimberzimber
zimberzimber
Yes but you running faster than a horse(unicorn) on the same flat surface?
Bezixx
Bezixx
Well, either way you build something... Besides that's pretty weird that unicorn doesn't get faster on ashpalt, though that would make it way too op.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
How would it be way too OP tho?
Bezixx
Bezixx
Considering that Unicorn has max speed of 61mph. Asphalt boosts your on-foot max speed from 15 to 54. If they actually gave a speed boost for mounts and if you added that huge movement speed boost from the Unicorn it would depend of stacking actually. If it worked like it's now then there would be around 70-80 which would be near the same as with boosts.
zimberzimber
zimberzimber
And how is this "OP"?
Bezixx
Bezixx
And that I doubt it would happen as Unicorn's and asphalt movespeed boosts work separately. So you would have over 100 which is more than Mechanical Cart.
zimberzimber
zimberzimber
But why would movement speed be OP?
Bezixx
Bezixx
With Mechanical Cart you can cross the map in around a minute on maximum speed, guess what would happen if something had 115mph...
Bezixx
Bezixx
That would be equal 100mph, my bad. Which is slightly less than cart.
zimberzimber
zimberzimber
You still didn't answer WHY is it OP.
Bezixx
Bezixx
It's because you could reach insane speeds without killing mechanical bosses and playing on Expert, but with just luckily getting that Blessed Apple and spamming asphalt everywhere. And I don't mean the movespeed itself, but just a certain speed which could let you outrun everything as the cart does. Hell, even unicorn itself is enough to run faster than Moon Lord...
zimberzimber
zimberzimber
So you can outrun stuff... Thats not OP...
You can already do that without buffing the unicorn to work with asphalt.
Bezixx
Bezixx
But you could make it cheesier that way. Existing means to outrun enemies are pretty much enough and require more setup. Also could travel extremely fast through the whole map just at the start of the Hardmode. Unicorn's charge would do some huge damage as well.
zimberzimber
zimberzimber
If you mean that charge would deal a lot fo damage to bosses, that wouldn't be possible because if you are fast, they are behind you, and what do you need to do to run over the boss? Thats right, turn around and lose all your speed.
Running over the entire map isn't such a big deal, just less time consuming after the setup.
zimberzimber
zimberzimber
Not to mention you need the mechanic for asphalt, meaning its post mech, and not just early-hardmode with luck.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
Mechanical carts still exist too
Back
Top Bottom