Terraria Community Forums

FlakMaster
FlakMaster
No, the Gewehr. M308 can't get the same accuracy and stability.

LMGs are alright for close quarters, and great if you're top notch on getting headshots with them as you have a butt tonne of ammo. Buzzsaw is fun to use though. As for shotguns, they're mediocre in comparison to assault rifles. You still have to headshot to be effective with them.
T
totallydeadaccountdude
Ah yeah, the Gewehr, I use that w/ Assault Kit.
Never was a fan of the DMRs, personally.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
It works great if you're willing to invest 12 skill points into technician 'Mag plus'. You also get a 30 round Deagle at the same time.

The DMR kit essentially changes the original Gewehr into the M308. Of course, the difference between the two is the former's attachments to compliment accuracy and stability whereas the latter has a lack thereof.
T
totallydeadaccountdude
Though I found the M308 also had better stability, and better ammo pickup, but I don't use DMRs so don't listen to me.

Honestly though the best rifle is the Joceline O/U 12G
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
Is that a preference thing or statistically speaking? Statistically speaking, .50cal 1hitting specials except dozers is nice.

Also, I rarely ever need ammo unless I'm fooling around with fun weapons. Most guys on Overkill difficulty you can one-shot with >35 damage. You need >70 for those standard guys with bullet-proof (literally) armour.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
Shoot the Deagle/Pachette L2A1 for a bit, then go to Gewehr/.50cal when necessary. Has always worked well.
T
totallydeadaccountdude
M308 can sometimes get more bullets than G3.

Yeah, ammo ain't that big of a problem, unless playing something like Rats using LMGs.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
I wouldn't have thought that getting ammo on Rats/Cook off (if you mean the first day) would be an issue. You need not bother killing anyone outside while cooking, because they'll quickly respawn anyway. Therefore, everything you'd be killing you can swiftly pick up the ammo from.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
I'm not sure how the M308 would get more than the Gewehr...the Gewehr starts with a much larger total ammo (I don't know if using the DMR kit changes that, but it's still +8 in comparison).
T
totallydeadaccountdude
If you have one person peaking all directions you can set up the stupidest, most amazing death wall.
T
totallydeadaccountdude
M308 gets more ammo from cop drops.

Sorta like the difference between the CAR-4 and the Queen's Wrath
CAR-4 has less ammo, but higher ammo pickup, QW has higher ammo but MUCH lower pickup.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
Interesting. I still manage to top it up trivially while switching to the Deagle/Patchett L2A1
T
totallydeadaccountdude
Yep, with a good secondary to pair with a Sniper/DMR, low ammo pickup isn't much of an issue.

If you want to go for the ultimate ridiculous ammo efficiency, CQC Plainsrider bow.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
I don't have that DLC. I only have GOTY + Overkill.

That one-shot thing would be annoying what with how PayDay 2 enemies throw themselves at you in hordes. Having a Deagle with 30 mag picking them off super quick is satisfying.

Also, HOW does a 6ft English longbow have 29 concealment.
T
totallydeadaccountdude
You could wrap it around your body.

Also, the Plainsrider actually has a fairly quick draw speed, I like to just draw it back a LITTLE when fighting multiple cops and just pop them in the face.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
I didn't mean to say that I think it's slow. It's just what I have does it really quickly.
T
totallydeadaccountdude
Fair point.
I love the bow though, nothing is more satisfying than sniping a sniper in the face with the damn thing.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
Idunno, I'm quite the fan of the .50cal overall (outside the game too).

Kind of annoyed you can't aim with LMGs though. Both them and the Minigun realistically are quite accurate (LMGs have quite long barrels, they're designed moreso to be manoeuvrable turrets after all). It's the recoil that is the kicker, of which can be relieved by deploying (Minigun doesn't actually have that much recoil).
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
And yet, in Payday 2, the first couple of shots with them are like you just removed 99% of the barrel length.
T
totallydeadaccountdude
Recently some files were leaked, showing that bipods WILL be added, and this includes ADSing.
Back
Top Bottom