Terraria Community Forums

Chazm
Chazm
Hmm... From what it seems, it's the condition you have from your parents constantly arguing with eachother; putting you off from your thoughts which have relevance to schooling and take a lot of concentration to think about. If that's interrupted, then the focus is lost.

From me however... I think it's going fine. As someone in one of my clubs said; 'can someone translate Andrew into English please?'
Aesir
Aesir
That has happened to me several times before. Funnily enough, I speak 3 languages. The people at school ask me mostly curses on said 2 other languages. And yes, I am terribly worried for the safety of my mother and my family, as my father poses a very large threat. Talking to people like you seem to ease it a bit, though. It's nice to have a like-minded person to talk to.
Chazm
Chazm
Unless it's programming, I'd be monolingual- English only, as it seems to be the only thing I can properly get into without boring myself to death.

Otherwise, I'm trilingual- can speak in English (fluent), C# (fluent), and VB (semi-fluent)
Aesir
Aesir
Portuguese(fluent) English(fluent) and Spanish(semi-fluent) plus I know my way around prefixal/sufixal latin. I am very happy talking to you and sharing experiences. c:
Chazm
Chazm
From what it seems, your classmates kinda hate you as well. In the case that you do encounter cold friends like that who just want to waste your time, attempt to zone them out by reading a book or revising from a guide, like I do in Maths if the teacher is teaching something that I know fluently.
Aesir
Aesir
They're not cold, rather annoyingly hot-headed. They are whiny, annoying and very childish. I am going to a very selective special class, however my hopes went instantly down when I saw the school's League of Legends team leader being admissed into it.
Chazm
Chazm
'very childish'

I'll have a problem with ignoring that; I just hate inept responses.
Aesir
Aesir
Hm? As cliche as it may sound, they act childish. They do not behave properly and care not about the classes. Pardon me about the poor word choice. To word it better "carefree" and "careless", traits commonly attributed to children.
Chazm
Chazm
Not as in the poor word choice, the response to very childish. I'm not really fond at looking back at what could to me be considered a failure; but with the new words you've placed here, carefree results pretty similarly to a lot of lower level classes I attend because they fit my schedule best for the options I took (one of these classes is Religious Education, and that's not because of my ability)
Aesir
Aesir
The response to very childish being? I assume it reminded you of something you'd rather forget or not think of, by the lastest response of yours. I am sorry if I brought up a phantom of your past.
Chazm
Chazm
I like to think of my past as a cringe-fest, while the future is a heavenly gate, to where the most interesting exists. But yes, it's the response to the very childish classmates I have to deal with in some lessons. Otherwise, I seem to have a moderate amount of fun in class (although half the time no-one understands me, unless it's the teachers, in which case the most common onomatopeia you'd hear is...
Chazm
Chazm
...'Shshshshhhh.... Tone it down to GCSE level, will you?'
Aesir
Aesir
My past is a cringefest as well. I don't like blaming my younger self and I don't believe one should be held accountable for feats done in the time of youthful bliss. As foolish and stupid as I was, the being in question was a child. I expect a lot more from myself as of the current day, and like so, I also punish myself if I don't meet such expectations.
Chazm
Chazm
Most of the time I meet my minimal expectations, but almost never hit my actual preferred targets, such as getting an A* in my two favoured sciences, chemistry and physics. The only times I've ever hit my preferred targets are in Maths; one of these was in a previous test I had done where I got the result of 51/53 (A*). (The most recent was a 4/5 GCSE paper, with the result 107/160, A+)
Aesir
Aesir
Well, when the grades I get are stable on a high ground, I usually set it as the next minimum bar. My minimum bar as of now is 9/10, as last year, the smallest grade I had on the curriculum overall was 9/10. It occupied the most of the curriculum, save exceptions such as physics, chemistry, biology, history, geography and ofc english. There's some occasional fluctuation.
Chazm
Chazm
Once you hit the curriculum's cap, it's best to change where you're going and redirect it into a higher level, say for example instead of trying to 100% a G2 qualification, go and learn for a G3 qualification and see if you can get 70% on that (C/B)- you'll need at least 90% on both the AS and A2 to get an A* in an A level GCE qualification; and that will get you to the best universities.
Aesir
Aesir
That's what I'm going to do this year. This will be the first year of high school for me, and I hope it goes well. From the simulations and other major exams, I am pretty much approved into a solid 1376 universities on my country, score-wise.
Chazm
Chazm
I'm only 14, and by the end of A2, most will be 18, so I've got 3 years to go before I can say how many universities I've been approved into. However, my results are alright- but I plan to get them to constant >90%s by the time I leave Year 10 and go into the second year of my GCSEs- to plan for the new course and therefore learn some AS to get me many gears ahead.

To do this, I should be revising four hours a day.
Aesir
Aesir
I am not sure how the system works for you. GCSEs are an acronym for Global Course Selection Exams, I assume? AS and A2 are terms I am not familiar with.
Chazm
Chazm
Never been told the acronym for GCSEs, but I'll go with it.

AS is the sub-level for A levels- it's basically the preparations you'll need to go through before taking the entire course. Think of it as a single-year undergraduate course, and think of A2 as the second year- the mature course.
Back
Top Bottom