Terraria Community Forums

Alabaster
Alabaster
Did you do coding before C# with languages like Java or Python? I'm interested in getting more into coding but most of the resources for learning code online are so basic you can't actually create much.
Chazm
Chazm
Only used a minute fraction of Unity, and before that I was using drag & drop.

Otherwise, completely new. Surprises me to see that people have had 4 years of full experience and haven't got as far as this.

Also. Use. A. Decompiler. Already.
Alabaster
Alabaster
I've used Scratch, Python and Java and find Java my favorite, but my level of Java is pitifully low. How did you learn C# - did you just use online guides and play around with functions until you learn things?
Chazm
Chazm
Started using tAPI (mind you, it's defunct by now.) for the first two months. Then, a certain guy on these forums (aptly named @Pumpking) decided that I might be helpful due to how quickly I could sort through and create .jsons which worked as they were needed to. (My C# was pretty shoddy by this point.) About a week later, he introduced me to IL_Spy, and from that day forward, I had used it to find better code...
Chazm
Chazm
and therefore program better mods. After about a month, tAPI r15 was released, screwing up all of the mods that were in the previous version, including my miscellaneous mod and Ulterraria (at the time). Then a month passed of anonymous thinking about source programming and researching in IL_Spy- by that point I had enough knowledge to join the NT5.5 crew.
Chazm
Chazm
In that crew, I was renowned for my knowledge in coding- and I helped assist Nakano for 3/2 months (the other half was spent messing around with my crew). Within these days, I'd search up code in IL_Spy and end up finding shader technology after 1.3 was released. After an event happening in late July, me and the rest of the team were kicked from the NT conversation.
Back
Top Bottom