Terraria Community Forums

Ori
Ori
Should that mean that we should fear high powered spotlights aswell?
I think a better example would be that if we didn't have the little protection we have from Ozone in our atmosphere most life as we know it would be fried to a crisp due to the powerful radiation
Sombyr
Sombyr
That's what I was trying to say, I just didn't have enough room to list every reason. For one, it frequently emits powerful radiation that could kill us, we can't even look at it, and, assuming we ever got this far, it could burn us to a crisp before we could even touch it. In addition, it will eventually swallow our whole planet, killing anyone remaining. Somehow though, I still don't fear it.
Ori
Ori
It's because it's not very unpredictable and stays relatively same for long periods of time. It even makes sense from an evolutionary perspective since the earth has been orbiting the sun longer than life as we know it began to exist on our planet, there has just not been any benefit in fearing it over these billions of years life has existed.
Ori
Ori
Even if the fear would be rational, we wouldn't be able to prevent anything from happening so the fear of that something would happen wouldn't serve any purpose.
Sombyr
Sombyr
Makes me wonder what life that developed on a rogue planet might think of a species who openly accepted the glowing orb of fire in the sky. I dunno, maybe they wouldn't care.
To go a little off topic, I have an irrational fear of gas giants for some reason. Nothing frightens me more, and I don't even know why I fear them, I just do.
Back
Top Bottom