Terraria Community Forums

Jack Morgan
Jack Morgan
I agree, but most people don't care. Art's the popular conduit of creativity around here.
PaperLaur
PaperLaur
It's a real shame, because words are just as valid a form of expression. I do envy people who can draw well and I'm trying to learn how myself, but that doesn't make words less important. I'm sad because I joined too late for that literature contest that was going on here way back...
Jack Morgan
Jack Morgan
It boils down to that words take time to look at, you can admire a picture for five seconds and get the full enjoyment out of it. I had a few things going back before my break from this place, but in the end neither I nor anyone else seemed to care too much about it. If you like to write, go for it. But if you want to get your name around, get good at drawing.
PaperLaur
PaperLaur
That's kind of what frustrated me about drawing--hours of work could be dismissed so fast. I'm currently attempting to make a rather ambitious Terraria fic but it's hard to gather interest--I do plan to carry it through to the end if only for my own enjoyment. Like I always do, I hope to get my name around in my own way.
Jack Morgan
Jack Morgan
I mean, mostly the appeal of good artists depends on how how good it is, and if you take requests and such. I started off with a fic that was only loosely based in Terraria, and it attracted some. But personally, I have much more fun with my own universes, even if people care less. But in the end, whether or not people care about it is up to the quality of the story, and how worth it is to put in the time to read it.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
I do know a few known literature writers, and I'm sure they were enjoying it what they read.

just giving the "Story of a Paladin" as example.
PaperLaur
PaperLaur
I remember reading some of that, I need to read more! @Kazzymodus also had some really great pieces of Terraria lit
Jack Morgan
Jack Morgan
I read all of the Story of a Paladin, it's really good. It never really got finished as far as I know, which is a shame. But as far as I know, no long-running stories ever seem to make it to the end.
PaperLaur
PaperLaur
I know! It really is, most stories or fics I end up liking don't get finished. That's why I hope to see mine through to the end, if at all possible.
Back
Top Bottom