Terraria Community Forums

Coldshot Boostar
Coldshot Boostar
Things have been changing a lot for a while in TCF, TO's death seems to be another reason to add in the existing ones. [cont]
Coldshot Boostar
Coldshot Boostar
Coldshot Boostar
Coldshot Boostar
As the development and community grew big, TCF launched. Some members decided to stay in TO, some moved completely to TCF, some split themselves between two forums. It's no doubt that the beginnings of TCF were involved by many of the notable and well-known members from TO. [cont]
Coldshot Boostar
Coldshot Boostar
Together and slowly, they formed a group of friends similar to a small family. There were jokes (pax0l, etc.), fads, avatar trends (bucket, VVVVV, etc.) among them (TO had its own too: carameldansen, duck-face, rabbit-puking, etc.). Those things connected the young TCF. [cont]
Coldshot Boostar
Coldshot Boostar
Aside from the "new and improved forum" thingies, even though TCF wasn't as big as TO at that time, many members stayed for that young, small and welcoming family. [cont]
Coldshot Boostar
Coldshot Boostar
Years later, the TCF community is still growing bigger with old members and new members altogether. [cont]
Coldshot Boostar
Coldshot Boostar
Currently, TCF seems to be a big "family" which consists of many individuals, groups that don't actively interact with each other. Some members lonely lurk around the forums while being social to the others, some have themselves take part in an amount of groups. Many groups have most of their activities outside of the forums. [cont]
Coldshot Boostar
Coldshot Boostar
On the other hand, a number of groups have split into individuals or don't have as much as interaction as before. [cont]
Coldshot Boostar
Coldshot Boostar
Some left to move on with their lives, some lost interests and had no reason to stay, some left for a myterious reason. Now that TO is dead, a small amount of members seem to be even less active or completely left. [cont]
Coldshot Boostar
Coldshot Boostar
Meanwhile, TO members migrating to TCF is causing the TCF member count to increase. Terraria has grown big and atractted a larger audience so it's easy to guess that many but not all new members are younger than the older ones. [cont]
Coldshot Boostar
Coldshot Boostar
TCF is now older but younger. It's not a small family anymore, jokes, fads are different from before, avatar trends are rarer. [cont]
Coldshot Boostar
Coldshot Boostar
With all that new members, the amount of lone individuals and lone group increases, which makes TCF less of a connected family. [cont]
Coldshot Boostar
Coldshot Boostar
On a side note, TCF is now less competitive for me, I don't feel like taking part in the competition anymore. It doesn't have the same competitive spirit that drives me wild like it used to. [cont]
Coldshot Boostar
Coldshot Boostar
Nothing lasts forever, TO didn't last forever either. TO played a big part in TCF's development, TCF had a role in TO's downfall and TO's downfall has a small but considerable impact on TCF. [end]
The Ice Cube
The Ice Cube
Ever since TO was shut down, this place felt different, and now I know why. Members are now less active, tons of new members join, and I see a lot of new people here, but at the same time I see less and less familiar faces every day. It's kind of horrible.
The Ice Cube
The Ice Cube
Not to mention that most of these new people have terrible humor, it makes my humor look great.
Coldshot Boostar
The Ice Cube
Charon
Charon
Oh, so you're saying my humor is terrible?
...Fair enough. I wasn't a member of TO at all, and looking at some of the older and more prominent members leaving kinda saddens me a bit. And the influx of new members kind of bugs me a bit, especially when they lack the skills to type proficiently, or read important info, examples include "When Will This Mod Be MADE!! I Need 2 Play it!!? RELEASE!!!!!!1"
The Ice Cube
The Ice Cube
^ tl;dr- my humor sucks
Back
Top Bottom