Terraria Community Forums

General Milky
General Milky
For those curious, it's project AM2R. Another Metroid 2 Remake. It's naturally free, as fanworks are, and with a little looking around (especially on its subreddit) you can find downloads hosted by angry fans.
MolochMekkane
MolochMekkane
...Did I miss my chance to get ahold of it, then? Dammit. This is just like Nintendo thinking they can stop emulation despite not really offering a good enough alternative. Sure, VC... but not a big enough library. Some of the prices are a stretch. But really though, they have just made me absolutely determined to get AM2R now.
General Milky
General Milky
It's not a rom (it's standalone, made in game maker. All you need is Windows to play it) and yeah, you can find it. There's like 10 torrents and the reddit has download mirrors up all the time.
MolochMekkane
MolochMekkane
I actually found a few in the usual places... that are being taken down. Nintendo, you're kicking a hornets nest.
The kamen rider
The kamen rider
That is the reason I like Toei. As long as fans don`t put full episodes on youtube,vimeo or any other of those sites they are willing to turn a blind eye.
TheQuietBisharp
TheQuietBisharp
I bet Fed Force is going to get a horrible reception now, even worse than I originally projected.
MolochMekkane
MolochMekkane
Nintendo pulled a Ghostbusters on this thing. Not for the same reasons, but this is the worst possible time to take a dump in the fandom's corn flakes.
Terra B Welch
Terra B Welch
Scumbag Nintendo... Can't just let people be happy can they?
MolochMekkane
MolochMekkane
You know even worse than what Ghostbusters did, the last Metroid game was Other M, and the next one is Federation Force. They're in an even tighter spot.
Star and Moon
Star and Moon
I think it's funny that Nintendo pulls the plug on almost all fan projects, yet Zelda Classic (which is an exact remake of Zelda 1) has been around since 1999. I wonder how they managed to avoid detection.
The kamen rider
The kamen rider
I am wondering why online rom-hacking isn still around. Super Mario World is very popular game to rom-hack yet they don't bat an eye on it.
Devalaous
Devalaous
I really have to wonder the mindset of these companies. Why do they always wait till the absolute last second, either just before release, or AS it is released, to kill the projects?
MolochMekkane
MolochMekkane
A better question is why do they kick the people who love them enough to dedicate their time to do a project like this for free?
Devalaous
Devalaous
The obvious thing to do would be to buy the project and sell it, or work something out. Sega did this with the Retro Engine, Sonic CD's HD port on sale is literally a fan-work being officially sold
MolochMekkane
MolochMekkane
That guy that made Falskaar got himself hired if I recall.
Azu
Azu
Man, god forbid Nintendo do their jobs, if it even was them.
Back
Top Bottom