Terraria Community Forums

zimberzimber
zimberzimber
But the bad quality of the game is what made it over rated.
If the quality wasn't as bad it wouldn't have been over rated now would it?
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
zimber that's not being fair. They like it because they think it's a good game, why else would they like it?
zimberzimber
zimberzimber
Fair point.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
you're pretty much just saying "i don't like this game, and since others like it, they must like it because it's a bad game"

no, it just means you don't like the game.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
sometimes I feel people just hop aboard if something is becoming a trend, as well as people hopping aboard the hate train for the new trend. I wonder how many people have actually played the game who don't like it?
zimberzimber
zimberzimber
I didn't say that...
Darthkitten
Darthkitten
No, overrated just means more attention/opinion than it deserves. For example, you could call the "The cake is a lie" joke overrated. While still a good joke (at least when portal came out), it has been publicized, and repeated and spoken about waaaay more than is necessary.

Skyrim could be considered overrated. It's still a good game.
Bacon could be considered overrated. It's still delicious.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
You called the game bad (your opinion) and then came to the conclusion people like it for being a bad game. That's kind of arrogant, I think. They obviously like it because they think it's a good game. You were trying to put your opinion as fact, and those who have a different opinion are just "people who like things for being bad" which doesn't make any sense.
Darthkitten
Darthkitten
You guys talk to fast. I need time to think my responses through, damn it!
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
some people will like things just because they're over rated/popular. Just as some people will hate things just because they're over rated/popular. it goes both ways.
zimberzimber
zimberzimber
Still, I never said they liked it because its bad, what I'm saying is that it does not deserve its high rating (BAM! I am about to add something I didn't before and was a mistake made by me) in my opinion.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
"But the bad quality of the game is what made it over rated.
If the quality wasn't as bad it wouldn't have been over rated now would it?"
zimberzimber
zimberzimber
By that I meant it would then deserve its rating
Darthkitten
Darthkitten
Anyways, let me make my case as to why I don't like Five Nights at Freddy's. Thanks to the letter limit, the first post doesn't do it justice.

I don't like Five Nights at Freddy's for 2 reasons:

1. It's boring. At least, to watch. I haven't even considered playing the game, because it doesn't look like fun that way either.
Darthkitten
Darthkitten
The game is about sitting in a room trying to micromanage power and the location of the animatronic mascots. Very little depth, and what you do get to do isn't very fun at all. Just keep an eye on the robots for the whole night, and if you mess up, you get a 3 second jump-scare and that's it.
If you do make it through the night, guess what?
Darthkitten
Darthkitten
You get to go to the next night, which is essentially the same. If you don't, you get to do the first night again. And since it's the same thing every time, it gets old real fast, and it ends up being more frustrating then scary.
Darthkitten
Darthkitten
2. It is without a doubt the least scary "scary" game I have ever seen. And that includes slender, which I consider to be an awful scary game. I don't consider the robots very creepy or threatening. In fact, I kinda think they're a bit cute. but aside from that, there are other things that it doesn't do very well.
Darthkitten
Darthkitten
For one, you can usually predict when the jump scare will happen. Since you need to keep an eye on them, you almost always know their whereabouts. When you do fail, you're more prepared for them, and you're not as scared as you could have been.
Darthkitten
Darthkitten
Next, the jump scare is pretty lame. If I recall correctly, the robot just jumps in your face, shakes and screams a bit, and then it's game over.
After that, there's the thing that it's the same thing every time. You KNOW what's going to happen. They're gonna get to your room, and they're gonna get in your face, and it will be game over.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
I haven't played the game and have only seen bits of it so I can't do much to defend it, but at least you have reasons to dislike it other than "it's over rated."

I'd think it would be a lot more fun if you could move through different rooms and had to hide and set up traps to trap/distract the animatronics
Back
Top Bottom