Terraria Community Forums

Iara
Iara
I can't type long replies here. So have them split:

Thorium:
-Literally every mod item tries to outclass original Terraria items and most of the mod items aren't really balanced. Why woudl I even need to use ANY original Terraria weapon when I could use the Thorium mod ones, that aren't as hard to get or make? The same goes for the ammo.
Iara
Iara
-I am usually against "fanciness" in the early game. It detracts from the actual difficulty,. And it makes Hardmode not feel as amazing as it should feel.
-The Ragnarok... God, the Ragnarok. Who even thinks those belong in Terraria? Every monster this mod had and every boss was fine... Until I saw these....
Iara
Iara
...These things just don't match with the overall vibe. They aren't amazing likE Moon Lord, or outlandish-but-good like the Pillars. They are just plain conceptual edge. Simply edgy in my books.
Iara
Iara
It just doesn't feels like Terraria any more, but credit is due where credit is due: It's one of the "better" big three mods. If I had to suggest any of those mods, I would much rather suggest Thorium. With some modifications it could become such a good mod.

My main tip would be "tone down the 'fanciness'".
Iara
Iara
Not every item has to be "LOL LOOK AT THIS THING, IT'S AMAZING". No. Things can be simple, but effective. Concept also comes into play.

Sadly, most mods forget this. And try to do things like adding new biomes: "LOOK AT MY AMAZING OTHERWORLD SPACE BIOME!"... etc. It just feels so juvenile and unprofessional.
セフィロス
セフィロス
Well but u still need to have in mind, These are community fanmades modifications. Means they never was stated to be Professional Quality work. They are supposed to modify the game in anyway possibile. If this means it fits perfectly to Vanilla Terraria or not cannot really compared. Since the goal is to modify the game with own content.
Back
Top Bottom