Terraria Community Forums

Vaikyia
Vaikyia
What GPU are ya getting?
Bezixx
Bezixx
Gigabyte R7 360. Is enough to play newest games on medium-high details.
Vaikyia
Vaikyia
Mmmm, what price are you getting it for?
Bezixx
Bezixx
About $90 I think?
Vaikyia
Vaikyia
Ah, are you sure you want to get that one? For about 20-10$ more you can get a GTX 1050, which performs almost 2x better.
Bezixx
Bezixx
I doubt it could perform 2x better, a few fps won't affect it that much lol. Also 90$ was all my budget anyway, if I had more, I would get RX 460 rather than GTX 1050 tho.
Vaikyia
Vaikyia
With games like Fallout 4 it falls short though, since the R7 360 is about the same level as a GTX 750 TI the GTX 1050 beats it by a lot.

The 750 TI runs Fallout 4 with medium settings at a rough 30 or so adv. The 1050 runs it at a smooth adv. of 60. And since the 1050 ti can barely get to the 40s in Witcher 3, I can't say I expect a R7 460 to even get to 20 on that game.
Vaikyia
Vaikyia
GTA V however runs at a smooth 60 with medium settings for the R7 460. Not sure about Dark Souls 3, but anything past GTA V should really fall short. Since the R7 only has about 2GB Memory, which is a bit small for most new titles. Not to be a downer.
Vaikyia
Vaikyia
But ye, the R7 should be great for entry-level 2017 gaming, but it's not worth it's price anymore. If you have the chance to save your money, i'd go for the 1050 or 1050 ti in the future.
Bezixx
Bezixx
I've seen how R7 360 works, in Witcher 3 it easily goes on on medium-high with decent fps. Also you've mistaken it with RX 460, which is at the level of GTX 1050. AMD has received a good amount of driver boost in the last year, so the framerate increased greatly towards NVIDIA's cards. Also I'm running 900p, not 1080p.
Bezixx
Bezixx
And RX 460 tops GTX 1050 in games that aren't optimised for NVIDIA cards. Though it kinda falls short against GTX 1050Ti, the 4GB version comes a bit close to it.
Vaikyia
Vaikyia
Mmm, I have seemed to be looking at incorrect information then. Also corrected the errors in my past comments. But still, the 1050 would still be better for the price. Since the R7 performs at an adv. of 30 with console settings on Witcher 3, and the 1050 performs at an adv. of 40 with Ultra settings on Witcher 3. For an extra 20-10$ that's a huge boost eh?
Bezixx
Bezixx
Still don't have the money. And like I said, I would go for RX 460 4GB, which does better than GTX 1050 and I'll consider it in the future, I just can't now.
Vaikyia
Vaikyia
Ohhh! I thought you said you'd prefer the R7 instead of the 1050, whoops.
Vaikyia
Vaikyia
(Ack, had to edit "get" to "prefer". What I mean is that I thought that if you had the money you'd still prefer getting the R7, tis why I explained why it outperforms it for the money)
Elderflower
Elderflower
Witcher 3 is my favourite game, ever. Hope you have a fun time playing.
Bezixx
Bezixx
Ha h a, pretty sure I'll have fun from what I've seen about this game. Also I defnitely loved the previous 2 games.
Elderflower
Elderflower
The first one was very weird, I have to admit, with it's combat system and generally bad graphics, but it was very enjoyable. Witcher 2 is awesome, and Witcher 3 develops on how awesome its predecessor was.
Bezixx
Bezixx
First one's major flaw was gameplay, but the narrative was great, the second one had decent gameplay though it went onto "roll roll roll hit roll roll roll" mechanics that even Dark Souls could be jealous of, but it was still enjoyable overall.
Back
Top Bottom