Terraria Community Forums

Alamandra Vonn Pravus
Alamandra Vonn Pravus
well that's my llife too
it's a small world after all
Jill
Jill
Tbf, maybe I cursed Mansun and not the other way 'round.

After all, I was born in April '98. It wasn't until Six came out from the band in September of that very same year that everybody went - 'The Hell is this rolling-face-on-keyboard bumbaclot?!' Either way damn, didn't even hold-up solid for a half year.
Myu
Myu
tbh most bands that aren't popular in the first place (e.g x-factor winner) tend to do pretty bad, or fall into obscurity after a while
Jill
Jill
Nah, in this case Mansun did a James Joyce. Like, their first album was a bit weird but it was ingenious as well. Bottom line, it was good.

Then they were like - 'Oh, so the mainstream actually liked that?! Ha! Well try this!' And threw down an album (and a half) of absolute gibberish, same with James Joyce trolling with Finnegans Wake. Everyone responded by not buying the album. Doneso.
Myu
Myu
ah, so I see.
movies tend to do that too
Jill
Jill
Music industry's pretty all over the place right now. I'd say it is a better affair than it used to be, there's many more talented acts earning a living - albeit usually a pretty unglamourous one - and the quality control on tracks is a lot higher courtesy of downloads. You can't get away with 3 good tracks and a pile of :red:e anymore.
Jill
Jill
Music journalism's full of a bunch of bozos, though. One of my favourite bands, Fenech-Soler, had a pretty good debut album, an even better sophomore album, and another solid album from the third. However, they got trashed by the media especially on the third album...
Back
Top Bottom