OptiPri
OptiPri
Who What where when why how
Aurora3500
Aurora3500
Yours truly -Maria Ushiromiya
Boooo
Boooo
I actually just started Umineko today! This status and my previous one were both referencing Higurashi.
Aurora3500
Aurora3500
I thought so! Higurashi and Umineko are some of my all time favorite Anime/Manga series. I've read the Manga for both and actually own the VNs for them. Still planning on reading both of them to get a great amount of Higurashi and Umineko!
OptiPri
OptiPri
...great.
More anime I have to check out now when I finish Death Note.
Boooo
Boooo
If psychological horror/mystery is your thing, you'll probably enjoy them. Though the Higurashi anime, I've heard, focuses a little too much on the gore aspect.
OptiPri
OptiPri
I just said I am watching Death Note.
That sort of stuff interests me.
Boooo
Boooo
And yeah, I've been playing through the VNs for Higurashi (at least the MangaGamer releases on Steam since I don't really want to play the old releases) and finished Meakashi the other day, so now I'm just filling in the wait for Tsumihoroboshi with the Umineko VNs.
OptiPri
OptiPri
VNs?
Aurora3500
Aurora3500
VN means "Visual Novel" It's classified as a "game" but generally they're about the story, and it is told through images and writing along with music. Many Visual Novels will also allow players to make choices that can effect the ending, but Higurashi is one of the rare VNs that doesn't have that.
OptiPri
OptiPri
Ah, alright. Thanks. I'll have to look at that once I get back home.
Boooo
Boooo
In fact, the only 'choice' you can make throughout all of Higurashi, I think, is literally in one TIP of Himatsubushi, and it's a completely irrelevant choice that only serves to illustrate the point that's trying to be made in that TIP.
Boooo
Boooo
If you're interested, most people consider the VNs for both to be the 'ideal' way to experience them, but I can understand not wanting to sit through a whole VN. They're not everyone's cup of tea.

Since I've just started Umineko I'm not confident on the names, but for Higurashi the arcs are as follows, and the first five are released on Steam for fairly cheap:
Back
Top Bottom