Terraria Community Forums

FairyPrincessSerenity
FairyPrincessSerenity
Honest answer? The gender binary is a social construct. A societal illusion. While there are more than two, it's gotten a little... out of hand, with people saying things to try and be unique. But if they're not hurting anybody, why should it be our business if someone identifies as a brick?
Bezixx
Bezixx
Yeah, it's just when someone goes intrusive and :red:y about it, it gets obnoxious and bothersome. Which happens in most cases of attentive people. I'm fine with non-binary genders as long as the person doesn't make a large deal out of it and refrains from attacking others for wrong pronouns.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
For me, it's four but it's because I'm accounting for people who are trans.
E X P A N S I O N P A C K
To me, there are 4 genders, male, female, neither, and both.
FlyKip
FlyKip
How is "neither" a gender?
MiltVala
MiltVala
neither male nor female
FairyPrincessSerenity
FairyPrincessSerenity
Gender nonconforming.
FlyKip
FlyKip
Well you just said that gender is a social construct, so saying you arent part of that construct by saying, "neither" means you dont want a part of the construct, so it wouldnt be a gender, but a lack of gender
FlyKip
FlyKip
So if someone asks if you are Republican or Democrat, and you say you dont take part in politics, that doesnt mean you are part of the "Politicless Party" you just arent in one of the parties
FlyKip
FlyKip
Am i making any sense or am i just rambling at this point?
If Attack Helicopter can be a gender, then a genderless human can be a gender.
FlyKip
FlyKip
Genderless can't be a gender because genderless means without gender, so your gender can't be genderless. Think of it this way, genderless isn't a gender, but a state. That work?
The World Over Heaven
The World Over Heaven
Yo, I'm woke my boy
Are we really getting into the subject of non-binary genders? I am a man that understands the physical realm we live in, to me, there are only 2 genders because there are 2 types of genitalia. To go against what I stated earlier.
FairyPrincessSerenity
FairyPrincessSerenity
There's a difference in gender identity and biological sex. There aren't only just two of those either in humans. The chromosome pairs which determine biological sex have a number of variables beyond just XX and XY (even though people adamantly believe those are the only ones). A little research into biology goes further than assertions over what is in someone's pants.
FairyPrincessSerenity
FairyPrincessSerenity
Furthermore, this discussion is boring me now and I'd rather do something that is actually interesting, so have fun doing whatever. I'm out.
gen·der
'jendər
noun
the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).
"traditional concepts of gender"

Gender is literally the word we use to describe biological sex, it doesn't matter what your precious little feelings say, you can't argue with chromosomes.
The new generation, my generation, understands that there are only two genders, they also grasp how basic economics and politics work, while my insults may be going overboard, I consider you people to be the repeat of the sixties generation, and scum of the earth, furthermore, we will have to inherit the planet, no matter what :red: condition you leave it in.
Ultimate Derailing.
FlyKip
FlyKip
How is that even related?
Back
Top Bottom