Terraria Community Forums

Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
I know what I want to do... but it's just a matter of getting it off the ground and battling myself in actually doing the thing that I like doing.

So, my suggestion is to think of what you like doing and seeing in what ways you can possibly do said thing for a living. Even something as simple as gaming has potential if you're up to the challenge of it.
B
Bry
Yeah, well, I tried looking into drawing and spriting, but those have gone to :red: and a half.
As of posting this, I still can't get myself to start to draw something because I know I'll just end up having to erase twenty-billion times due to my hand that can't frickin' stop shaking for the life of me, despite all the years that I've been drawing for.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
Do you get shaky out of nervousness? If so then most I can suggest is calming yourself. Easier said than done, yeah, but music can help in that venture and so can just taking a deep breath.
B
Bry
As for the spriting, my over-eagerness to develop ended with me being on this forum all day, and, by extension, in front of my computer all day, which murdalized my vision.
I was also interested in Music, but my dumbass didn't decide to try joining a music class or whatever until, like, March of this year.
So yeah I've basically :red:ing blown all my chances and proven to be incapable of doing anything well.
B
Bry
Drawing is the last thing I'd be nervous about. I can draw, but I just cannot steady my hand.
Doesn't help that I also can't draw properly-sized bodies (as my Information tab'll show you) and that I can't :red:ing draw straight, resulting in me having to CONSTANTLY erase (as my Information tab'll ALSO show you).
Of course, this makes "I can draw" make no sense.
Two words: Chicken scratching.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
I think you misinterpreted what I meant with that music bit. I mean listening to music while you work on what ever you're working on.

Also, just putting yourself down doesn't help things at all. You're good at something, even if you don't see it at first. You think all artists and writers think their :red: is good? Not really as often you are your own worst critic.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
Should add that everything comes with practice and worrying about perfection only results in unneeded stress along with a lack of progress. Believe me that I know this.
B
Bry
Oh, no, I had posted the second part before I read your reply.
Also, I would agree with me being my worst critic (ok, well, I do), but I have shown my friends my drawings, and while they also say it's good, one look at their drawings compared to mine tells me they're probably just humoring me or something.
Back
Top Bottom