Terraria Community Forums

Altermaven🌸🎀
Altermaven🌸🎀
I found that experimenting with some brick combinations could open up some avenues in terms of general foundation. I also found that starting with a simple idea is best, and you can add some details once you have the base idea down.

If you have a character with a depth gauge (or an item that uses it, such as a GPS), if you're a considerable height from 0 (I suggest 250+), you can add some underground items.
Altermaven🌸🎀
Altermaven🌸🎀
Mudstone brick is cheap, especially if you dig a lot; you can turn dirt into mud by standing in water. (This is how you also get bottled water out of bottles.) One mud + one stone block = 1 mudstone brick.
T
Terrariaplayer123_
Thank you! Any combinations you know of that would look nice?
Altermaven🌸🎀
Altermaven🌸🎀
Simply put, brick and/or wood with standard glass can get you most things. Stained glass if you're going for things like temples and churches. Mudstone and jungle/living wood mesh well (bonus if you get the Rich Mahogany wands); smooth marble, on the other hand, is nice for isolated builds.
T
Terrariaplayer123_
Much appreciated!
Altermaven🌸🎀
Altermaven🌸🎀
I'm working on a few things. If I find combinations that work really well, I'd post it up front first. I had a build involving dynasty wood and a few others in the August CC (iirc), and it took me a while to flesh out the underground parts -- the lake is man-made and I had to acutate some items because it looked nicer than placing wall.
Altermaven🌸🎀
Altermaven🌸🎀
Speaking of actuated walls -- they make great points for "propping" up buildings in the air, if actual walls won't do. You'd need a presserator (Traveling Merchant) and/or mechanic to use actuators. If you stick with the mechanic, you can actuate the walls and remove the actuators in post, but you have to wire them.
T
Terrariaplayer123_
Give me a sec, I'd like to take a look!
T
Terrariaplayer123_
I know it's a big ask, but is there anything you could visually show me?
Altermaven🌸🎀
Altermaven🌸🎀
The Endless Water Bucket is a chance reward from the Angler; the same thing goes for the opposite, the Super-Absorbent Sponge. Both creates and erases water while they are used endlessly, respectively. If you're especially daring, making an inlet/outlet combo wired to a timer across a considerable vertical distance will get you the water you need. (1/2)
Altermaven🌸🎀
Altermaven🌸🎀
(2/2) That's because for some reason, ESPECIALLY SINGLE PLAYER, the water doesn't exactly update on either side. Do check, however, after a while, and be prepared to move your inlet pump if the source runs dry. :dryadsmile:
T
Terrariaplayer123_
Fortunately, I have both :)
BrusselSprouts693
BrusselSprouts693
Planked walls are cooler than wood ones
Back
Top Bottom