Terraria Community Forums

OptiPri
OptiPri
Maybe I just haven't been in the problem areas, but... no matter now I suppose.
Grumpy Squid
Grumpy Squid
So, Social Groups is a third party plugin. The developer stopped supporting the plugin. You can't update Xenforo (the software our forum runs on) if you have out dated plugins. We haven't updated the forums in 3 years because of this.
Grumpy Squid
Grumpy Squid
Things around the forum are starting to break AND we have missed every single security patch in the last 3 years. It was either keep the forums vulnerable and broken or remove the outdated plugin.
Grumpy Squid
Grumpy Squid
We were dealt a bad hand. All we can do now is make the best with what we got. Content that was used by social groups will instead get their own sub-section of the forum. So it's not the end of the world, just more of an inconvenience.
Grumpy Squid
OptiPri
OptiPri
...from what I was understanding about things I've seen, I understood it was a problem with content within the groups, not with the groups in the first place. Thanks for letting me know.
Tunnel King
Tunnel King
Can you see the list of Social Forums you belong to above? No? Neither can I. Because stuff like that is beginning to break from being so out of date with other parts of the server software - PHP, for starters. And soon other stuff is going to start breaking and nothing will work, including the social groups.
Back
Top Bottom