Terraria Community Forums

Travlordian01⚡️
Travlordian01⚡️
Do note I am not saying all Americans are stupid I’m just saying that not meaning all of them…
Calen
Calen
Hell and damn are religiously offensive to some people, akin to blasphemy, and some consider them worse than ordinary swear words. :red: is just rude, but using phases like "Oh God, no" or "Like Hell I will" is connecting something bad with God, which is kind of a no-no if you're religious.
I'm Jewish, but not religious, and I still avoid using phrases like that. Just being respectful I guess?
Admiral Voidzuli'
Admiral Voidzuli'
I visited America a few years back and I heard lots of people swearing. Maybe it was because i was in Florida though
Adalicia
Adalicia
To my understanding, words such as the ones you have mentioned are considered derogatory, thus they are not appropriate outside or in public. However, this seems to be something told to foreigners to help them act "socially acceptable," because on arriving in the United States you will hear many terms one was taught were derogatory.
Adalicia
Adalicia
Some socially much worse than the ones mentioned.

With this in mind, I conclude that it bothers your friend, but not because he is an American.

Please excuse my double post. I exceeded the character limit.
appleNsauce
appleNsauce
It may sound dumb, but let me ask you this: would you say damn or hell in front of your parents?
Admiral Voidzuli'
Admiral Voidzuli'
Yes. I say it all the bloody time.
Schparks
Schparks
I mean, wanker is a not great word in England, but in america it just sounds funny.
Calen
Calen
Fanny isn't a good word in England, either.
Adalicia
Adalicia
In Japanese, if circumstances allow, pronouns are avoided.
Back
Top Bottom