Terraria Community Forums

Seagull of Rage
Seagull of Rage
Defined light sources, better colors (Hue Shifting, Bit more contrast and more saturation). I'd also recommend switching pixel art sites (Gimp, Aseprite and Pixel studio.) The rest is mostly looking at other peoples sprites and integrating some of the stuff they use (If you think it makes the sprite better) and practice.
Seagull of Rage
Seagull of Rage
Going to a pixel art discord server can also help, as people give you feedback (Calamity Art Server, Terraria Pixel Art server)
ethan2🥐
ethan2🥐
Thanks! About the hues and stuff, i think one of my art pieces follows those tips! (it has been attached below.)

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (9).png
    pixil-frame-0 (9).png
    2.7 KB · Views: 16
Seagull of Rage
Seagull of Rage
Forgot to mention this, but your sprites have a lot of noise (Unnecessary pixels that are used to show texture)
ethan2🥐
ethan2🥐
Ok, thats by complete mistake; due to the fact I only meant to shade them accordingly.
Seagull of Rage
Seagull of Rage
Yet another pixel art thing that I forgot, banding. Its when your colors are stacked directly on top of each other, without any variations.
ethan2🥐
ethan2🥐
i try to prevent that.
Huzbubber Tim
Huzbubber Tim
Hey! Sorry for the very late response, but I love the designs you have going! Like 0wl said, your shading and colors definitely need the most work right now. For getting better at using less colors, try limiting yourself to only 3 or 4 shades of each color in your palette (plus one for outlines) and using those shades in large clusters instead of individual pixels/bands all over the place. [contd]
Huzbubber Tim
Huzbubber Tim
Also, when you're making palettes, try slightly shifting the hue in one direction every time you add a shade, even shifting the hue a little bit can have a huge difference on how the finished sprite looks. As for shading, think about how details on the sprite would affect the light being cast on it [contd]
Huzbubber Tim
Huzbubber Tim
(raised areas casting shadows on lower areas, areas angled towards the light source being brighter than ones facing away, etc.), if you're having trouble with the light source try drawing a dot in the direction you want the light to be shining from and pretending it's a lamp shining on the sprite. [contd]
Back
Top Bottom