aWolfen
aWolfen
Like, for decoration or function?
Zoomo
Zoomo
no more like pokemans
Brutallama
Brutallama
you mean like... the equivalent of terrariums, but for monsters?
aWolfen
aWolfen
I think he means like a pet, but with mobs.
Zoomo
Zoomo
I may or may not be working on a summoner suggestion and I wanted opinions on using weak to moderately powerful monsters as summons.
aWolfen
aWolfen
There's going to be A LOT of balancing to be done of you decide to go through with it.
Baconfry
Baconfry
With one exception, all minion summoner weapons are based on fairly well-known monsters.

What comes to mind? Derpling... Clown... Harpy... Crab, maybe.
Pumpking
Pumpking
Sounds interesting. Go ahead.
Zoomo
Zoomo
The idea was a monster which you could send out and would have hitpoints like normal. It would attack monsters losing hitpoints on touch and eventually dying. The other possibility is that you could heal them at the nurse.
Pumpking
Pumpking
Ooh! Sound s even more interesting now. I wanna see it.
aWolfen
aWolfen
Well, that does clear a few things up.
Baconfry
Baconfry
There would definitely be a bias toward flying AI in that case.
MolochMekkane
MolochMekkane
Aw man, that would mean Catch 'Em All. I just Gotta.
Zoomo
Zoomo
@Baconfry Only generally flying npcs have less health so it would last a far shorter time.
CraftedNightmare Here!
CraftedNightmare Here!
I would facepalm my face so much, it breaks through my face and facepalms someone else behind me
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
I think I saw a mod with something like this before.
RoboCop
RoboCop
I think it would be cool if you could house them like NPC's after catching, and qlso use them for fighting purposes.
SzGamer227
SzGamer227
I would totally dig that. Just slap on a few restrictions regarding what can and can't be caught and you're all set on balance. Having a full-sized combat-ready Corruptor pet would be awesome. Gimme now!
SzGamer227
SzGamer227
Anyways, there needs to be different tiers of Cages for one thing, so players can advance in captured enemy power as they progress, but then there also needs to be some specialized cages specifically for flying monsters, which lag in tier behind the rest, because as Baconfry said, there will be a definite leniency towards flying enemies with something like this.
Zoomo
Zoomo
That was my idea, tiered cages from small (early monsters) medium (pre-hm monsters) and large (early to mid hardmode) I may implement an uber tier for late stuff like HM dungeon and and moon events but I haven't decided yet.
Back
Top Bottom