Terraria Community Forums

Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
But all the cool kunoichi ninja have huge racks! So she needs more cleavage.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
I looked up Kunoichi...
...that's just basically a female ninja, right? Even urban dictionary says it.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
"Basically" indeed. It's the proper term for them. Like how you don't say "female count" or "female king."

At least you're not doing the "female kunoichi" thing I've seen in some places. Yes, really.
VaeVictis
VaeVictis
the problem is most people think ninjas are like in movies, cartoons or video games, almost all far from reality
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
OMG YOU MEAN NINJA DON'T WEAR ORANGE JUMPSUITS OR BLUE SKIMPY ALMOST-SKIRTS? D:
VaeVictis
VaeVictis
so funny...
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
They were also honorable and always in the front line of the battlefield.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!
VaeVictis
VaeVictis
thanks for the uncovered pointless sarcasm, you won a like, enjoy
VaeVictis
VaeVictis
BTW: what's the english word for kunoichi?
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
... female assassin should work - a lot of words in Japanese have no direct translation because they're things that simply don't exist for the English-based mind. For example, Japanese is the only language I know of which has a first person despective pronoun (as in, when you refer to yourself as an idiot.) See: Rurouni Kenshin and his "Sessha." (拙者)
VaeVictis
VaeVictis
what about "female ninja"? kunoichi seems to refers to a woman who practices ninjutsu or ninpo, assassin is a generic word, so an assassin doesn't acually need to know ninpo or ninjutsu to do what they do
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
Well, I suppose "female ninja" can be tolerable.

I'm almost used to that :red:ing "ninjas" bull:red: by now. Which may be a bad sign, I'm losing my edge.
cultist unhooded
cultist unhooded
Umm, do you know how female ninjas "got their kill"? Being "hot" is how they did it.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
Thanks for that piece of Hollywood Ninja knowledge.

Few kunoichi used the "disguise as a geisha and kill lord who doesn't keep tabs on who his concubines are" tactic in reality. It's yet another "everyone repeats it, so it must be true" factoid. Based, of course, in the "fact" that women cannot perform "manly" tasks as well as men do.
cultist unhooded
cultist unhooded
Umm, no, if anything, female ninjas are better at there job as assassin's than most.
P. S. The book that I read this from also talked about traditional training, it's interesting that most are trained from birth.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
I actually wanted to call Nageru a rogue. But it appears it became a ninja anyway
cultist unhooded
cultist unhooded
Good point, Nageru is sort of a rouge. Can you equip her with a werewolf charm? (I wonder if you will understand the reference.)
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
Assassins Greed much? :p
But Nageru remains human.
cultist unhooded
cultist unhooded
"hero who turns into the blue eyed beast"
-LOZTP
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
Yeah, My first thought were Twilight Princess too, but it doesn't really makes sense because Link =/= Nageru.
Back
Top Bottom