Terraria Community Forums

Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
I know.
I looked at it and made a decision.
And that decision was this, because it's unique. :p
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
Best chances for the site to not be a :red: and actually get it uploaded, tho. Worth the sacrifice.
Desucrate
Desucrate
Worth it though. Everything I've drawn I've made a JPG.
Izzabelle
Izzabelle
Just because it's .jpg, doesn't mean it's terrible for pixel art. Your avatar suffers from a resolution or file size problem -- possibly a rescaling problem. The format only controls the parameters, not the settings.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
JPGs are the Comic Sans of image formats - a lot of people will tell you it's a horrible thing, but are not even sure why.

All my desktop wallpapers are in .JPG formats. Converting them from .GIF or .PNG, I could notice no difference - other than the much smaller file size, which is a nice thing to have.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
I just can't work with JPG files, and If I accidentely save a drawing as JPG, then I ruined the whole picture.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
Need to work those settings until you find the one that looks better with the image, then.
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
Nothing changes when you convert a JPG to PNG, because it's too late then.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
Well, if you don't actually mess with the settings of the JPG before saving it, then yeah.

That is, assuming whichever program you're using to modify gives you options when saving a .JPG file.
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
What happens if i grab the source image, and resave it to png?
ppowersteef
ppowersteef
That's a possible 'solution' (as some don't find it a problem)
Qui Devorat
Qui Devorat
Just found out that I can't.
Well that sucks.
Back
Top Bottom