Terraria Community Forums

Azu
Azu
I am really bad at Don't Starve, a problem that would most likely worsen with more people. That is all.
Tsuki
Tsuki
My friend burned my base down. I haunted her forever and she went insane and died to hallucinations. We only got to day 4.
GoldenTerrabyte
GoldenTerrabyte
Is it THAT hard to not starve? Or is there more to the game than not starving?
Tsuki
Tsuki
There's much more. Such as "Don't get Struck By Lightning" and "Don't get killed by Hell Dogs" or "Don't Get Smashed By An Angry Sentient Tree Guardian" and my personal favorite, "Don't Get Killed By Physical Manifestations Of Your Own Insanity"
Azu
Azu
"Don't get killed by things you can't even see" "Don't get killed by the slightly angry fluffy bulls" "Don't anger and then get killed by non angry fluffy bulls" "Don't die from spiders"
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
I'm surprised no one mentions 'Don't, whatever you do, approach the Dragonfly'.

It's a giant that you cannot run away from easily (except maybe max hunger WolfGang with a Walking Cane), hurts a damn tonne, causes fires and generally just doesn't die easily.

The best way to kill giants is by luring them to the Swamp. Spiders are too weak, Pigmen are always too few in numbers. Beefalo could take it on maybe.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
Side note: I'm really curious what character Cenx played in DST.
vanilla
vanilla
Is Don't Starve a good game? I've been eyeing it and wondering if it is worth it..
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
It really depends on what you like. It's a game that tests wit (and not with puzzles).

It's a hardcore survival game. I mean hardcore as in you actually have to struggle for resources for pretty much the whole game, not 'oh I go through agony in half an hour then I'm swimming in supplies kicking :red:'. There will always be something that you're short of.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
I also wasn't too good at it, but I don't really get what I did wrong. I just went away from where my gf was, and then I died from a giant rat thing.

I didn't start, and I wasn't close to anyone, and I still got a game over. :dryadwhat:
Back
Top Bottom