Terraria Community Forums

TheQuietBisharp
TheQuietBisharp
True, but the meta game would go stale and at the way Game Freak is pandering to competitive it might not go over well.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
The problem with most games where "monsters" are used as the base and not just "one more thing you have to go through," is that they'll usually try to make them look different, and that's a waste of resources which could be used to make the game more complex inwards, instead of outwards.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
The best monster-based game I ever played was Monster Rancher for GBA, where they had only around twenty basic monster designs with subtypes (recolors) but there were hundreds upon hundreds of skills, gear and other things to add to the monsters to make them "unique." Thus, even if you had two monsters who looked the same, you still couldn't be sure that the monster's skills and stats would always be the same.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
So both Pokemon and Digimon would benefit from improving inwards instead of "LOOK, MORE SHINIES!" There were already enough shinies when the 200 monsters cap was reached. More than enough, really, in both sagas.

Digimon never needed an XChaosOmegaAlphaGreymon or whatever, same as Pokemon didn't need "Mega" forms to be better.
TheQuietBisharp
TheQuietBisharp
I really he no idea what arguements you're presenting, Pokémon have different abilities, varying stats that can be changed with items, and different personalities and field study-like entries featured in the Pokédex to give them each individual character that used to be driven home by the manga when it was good.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
My arguments are that both 'Mon games have fifty trillion creatures that more often than not look like crap due to running out of ideas, instead of using all that wasted creativity into making the games less of a boring grind and more of an exciting simulation/combat game about raising and battling monsters.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
Even the breeding system in MR has zero "grind for the sake of grind" involved. Get two monsters, bring them to a building that's one click away, make a new monster using their genes.
TheQuietBisharp
TheQuietBisharp
Suit yourself. Not everyone likes the same exact games, and I for one enjoy Pokémon for expansive lore and varying creatures, so if you want to point out why you aren't fond of the game my profile isn't the place.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
I think pokemon woulda been better off with only introducing 30-40 or so pokemon each generation. How many new pidgeys do we need, how many new ratattas?
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
Odd that the 5th gen is my favorite. Has the most Pokemon that I like design-wise. The most obvious of which is Zorua, who is freaking cute, and Zoroark, who looks awesome.
Azu
Azu
Gen 5 is my favorite along with gen 3.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
Actually, I was thinking about Gen 3 there. I think both are about equal for Pokemon favorites. I realized that there isn't really any Pokemon in Gen 2 I like and Gen 1 there is only really 2 Pokemon that I absolutely like (Eevee and Nidoking).
Desucrate
Desucrate
I like Gen 4 most.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
I'm thinking... Gen 4? Ehhh... aside from the Legendaries (which I kinda exclude for Pokemon favorites as I think of non-Legendaries for those lists), I like Luxray, Torterra, and Lucario. That's it...
Your Conscience
Your Conscience
If people think all the new pokemon concepts are awful, they clearly forgot Volcarona, Volcarona is a solar deity reincarnated into an atlas moth, whose flames are strong enough to replace the sun. Just sayin, it's (so much) better than a snake whose name is snake spelled backwards.
Devalaous
Devalaous
ie just one would destroy the planet. Good job pokemon team! GOOD JOB.
Dusty Sinclair
Dusty Sinclair
Magcargo is hotter than the surface temperature of the sun...
Dusty Sinclair
Dusty Sinclair
Roughly twice, in fact.
Devalaous
Devalaous
Yeah, they just pull bull:red: out of their asses when thinking of COOL FACTS to describe them.
Dusty Sinclair
Dusty Sinclair
While I don't have a problem with Pokemon, it really does annoy me when they do that. Did you know that Gyrados destroys mountains when it gets angry?
Back
Top Bottom