Terraria Community Forums

FlakMaster
FlakMaster
Example: The four giants (one for each season). They aren't just a massive foe that gives the illusion of difficulty. A lot of games gives you a massive enemy, but an easy way to defeat it (Achilles Heel). Not in this game. Their strength scales with their size. There's no secret way to beat them that doesn't work on all the other lesser mob.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
One giant freezes everything it hits and demolishes anything in its way, including your base. Another can breed an army to be feared. The next sets fire to everything and is fast enough to hit you, even when you're fleeing. And the last one I have yet to face, actually.
LoveSpreader
LoveSpreader
I should probably give it another go... I quit within five minutes right after purchase. Worst attention span ever.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
Well, the main problem I see with newbies on this game is that they either:

- Run away from something they can kill; The hounds that come at day 8 or so mostly. They aren't actually that strong, and die in I think 6 hits by the hatchet.
- When they engage something, they don't use armour. This is the big killer. A priority should be the science machine to get log armour. Always keep some log armour with you.
Alabaster
Alabaster
I couldn't find enough :red:ing nuggets
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
Gold nuggets? On default settings, the world isn't actually that large and there is always a plethora of rocks in the guaranteed wasteland biomes.

The first thing I usually do in Don't Starve is explore the outer boundaries of the world to get an idea of where everything is when I need it. That usually takes 8-10 days.
Alabaster
Alabaster
yeah, i only found them after about 6 days and i only found 2 nuggets. i kept getting killed by pigges and that.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
Pigmen? You were Webber? Or do you mean the aggressive Tribe Pigmen (who only defend their area so easy to avoid).
Alabaster
Alabaster
no, the boars. havent seen any pigmen
Back
Top Bottom