• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Search results

1. felis

PC A test about the rounding of weapon modifiers

As we all know , the modifiers of weapons affect the base number of weapon. For the damage, speed and mana cost, if the number after the modify is not a whole number, it rounds to the nearest integer, so if the fractional part is greater than 0.5, it the integer part is increased by 1 (round...
  2. felis

what boss had you farmed way to many times to get the weapon you wanted

1. Moon Lord, it seldom gives what weapon I want. 2. Duke FIshron, I have farmed it 31 times for the Flairon once, and about 16 times for Tsunami in another playthrough. 3. Wall of Flesh, not a weapon, but I have once fought it about 40 times for a warrior's emblem. 4. The Destroyer, about 50...
  3. felis

PC What is the projectile cooldown for melee weapons?

Recently, I found that for some projectile melee weapons, although they normal shoot a projectile per swing, but once the melee speed is fast enough, it can only shoot projectiles every other swing. Seeing the cooldown for the Enchanted Sword, I think the reason is that they have a cooldown for...
  4. felis

Solar Eruption can't 100% crit

So, simply put, even the critical chance on the tool tip is 100% (or even higher, tested on 113%), it sometimes still can't crit. Below is a screen shot about its tool tip and strike, there is a fair amount of attack not crit. By the way, other melee weapons (tested most post-plantera melee...
  5. felis

Sky Dragon's fury secondary attack affected by by ranged critical chance modifiers

Just found this possible bug and did some test, its damage is definitely determined by melee, but it seems its secondary attack critical chance is partly determined by ranged crit: With Vortex armor, it gets mostly crit damage. While with melee crit set with 100% crit, about half of the damage...
  6. felis

More used melee and movement speed

Through some of my tests, the movement speed boosts the max horizontal movement speed of Flying Carpet and The asphalt running speed (the latter can get very fast with good movement speed boost), but it does not seem to boost boots' and wings' max speed. They could just use a cap for the boost...
  7. felis

It sounds likely. Also, personally, I would prefer using "summon damage", as most (if not all)...

It sounds likely. Also, personally, I would prefer using "summon damage", as most (if not all) summoner weapons use "summon damage", and as of 1.4, the whips obviously don't look like minions.
  8. felis

A random question: Just found that while most armors and accessories' tooltip use "minion...

A random question: Just found that while most armors and accessories' tooltip use "minion damage", the Summoner Emblem uses "summon damage", is there any difference?
  9. felis

More used melee and movement speed

As we all know, there are 8 modifiers on accessories that increase melee or movement speed, however, both melee and movement speed are not very useful compared to defense or damage boost. The problem is, for melee speed, it almost only boost the swing type of melee weapons (plus projectile...
  10. felis

Things that you didn't realize were in the game for the longest time?

Want to mention a few things I recently found: You need to have at least 200 maxium HP for invasions to happen, and you can not use the items to summon one. Also, if the Martian Probe detect you and escape in this situation, it won't trigger the Martian Madness. Star cannon can't crit and the...
  11. felis

Working as Designed Critical hit chance of projectiles uses currently held weapon to determine critical hit chance.

Just noticed this, but I have a question: I did a test using a Sniper Rife with about 101% crit chance (boosted by vortex armor and two sniper scopes), then, I tested a Nimbus Rod and Nebula Arcanum (both with 4% crit), then, it seems strange: after I fire the weapon and swap to the sniper rife...
  12. felis

EVERY ARMOR SET IS OP!!! All of Pre-HM. (Suggestion not a complaint)

Just want to pick up: the Mining armor's +30% mining speed means reduce the mining time by 30%, so it actually gives 1/(1-30%)=1.42X mining speed bonus, so to give 100% speed bonus, it should say +50% mining speed, +100% doesn't make sense (or in the game code, the speed time bonus is capped at...
  13. felis

Make some Ancient armors have their ancient set bonus.

Just have this idea, as of 1.4, two armor sets, Necro armor and Hallowed armor, get change in their set bonus, and they both have ancient versions, so instead of just have the set looks different, how about have their set bonus also different. For the Necro armor set, wearing the Ancient Necro...
  14. felis

Random question: The skeletron is the disembodied bones of Cthulhu (as of the bestiary), but why...

Random question: The skeletron is the disembodied bones of Cthulhu (as of the bestiary), but why the skull is smaller than the Brain of Cthulhu?
  15. felis

Journey's End 1.4: Official Item Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

I'd like add some additional suggestion just come up with: The stardust Guardian is a nice change, but there seems no way to turn it off, it is not normally a problem, but sometimes it may interfere some test in Journey mode. (would be better to turn off by double click up/down like before) The...
  16. felis

Just an interesting find: The Picnic Table and Fancy Picnic Table act as both a Chair and a Table for housing, also, they allow sitting. So why not also allow them also act as the table and chair to craft watches?
  17. felis

Block conversions

So it is possible to convert Dirt to Mud near water, or Honey Block to Crispy Honey Block near a Furnace, but there could be more (and they should be logic to do so). In general, Furnace for Heating, Crystal ball for some magic conversion, Heavy Work Bench for pressing or modification...
  18. felis

Ambient Objects and Ecto Mist

Some additional things to mention: The Fallen Log (crafted form some Wood and Worms), Demon/Crimson Altars (crafted by Ebon/Crimstone and Scale/Tissue, look and function the same as Natural ones, but only removable by a pickaxe), Also, Shadow orb/Crimson heart, Pots, Crystal Heart, Life Fruits...
  19. felis

PC More items from fishing

Some ideas about increasing items from fishing and make more items renewable (and easier for Journey mode character to collect something): Firstly, add more crates from different biomes , they are of the same rarity and contain the same secondary items as a biome crates, name for pre-hardmode...
  20. felis

Good point, the thorns potion could give a higher damage reflection and stack with turtle armor (at least give some value to tanking players), the swiftness is only useful early on or for running on that special asphalt blocks, it could instead give increased maxium speed for boots and wings. I...
Top Bottom