• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

Search results

1. Xylia

Game Design Talk: Sakura Dungeon

Okay, okay, I know what you're thinking... why am I posting about a lewd dungeon crawler game here? Well...... it's not about the lewdness, I assure you. At first, I thought that its combat system was going to be very basic. I've had this game recommended to me by a few friends, and I saw it on...
  2. Xylia

T:OW Soundtrack is a nice addition, but...

There's a few small problems with it. There are "missing themes" from T:OW's soundtrack and this can be problematic at times. For example, T:OW's soundtrack does not have a Town Theme (it will continue to play the normal biome/time of day theme regardless if you are in a town or not). So you...
  3. Xylia

Game Design Talk: Gauging Interest

So, over on Chucklefish Forums, I did a series of threads called "Game Design Talk". These are threads where I notice elements of game design, good and bad, that I talk about and provide my thoughts on such things, in the hopes of reaching would-be game designers who might see this kind of thing...
  4. Xylia

**REPORTED** You can attach Platforms to Beams, but not Planter Boxes

As the title says, you can build Platforms onto Wooden Beams, but not Planter Boxes which seems rather strange because in all other ways, Planter Boxes act like Platforms.
  5. Xylia

PC Random "Thok" noise when opening/closing doors.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it doesn't seem like it ought to be intended behavior. When opening and closing doors, a random "thok" noise (the same sound you hear when you hit many enemies, such as slimes or zombies) is played even though there are no enemies around, and all the NPCs...
  6. Xylia

Weather Vanes should work like Grandfather Clocks.

So, if you place a Grandfather Clock and stand near it, you can get the time (though inaccurate) by standing near it and clicking upon it and IIRC, it also puts it in the information area in the right-hand side of the screen underneath the minimap. The Weather Vane should do the same thing for...
  7. Xylia

Would love to build a house in the desert, except.........

So the Dye Trader comes to my village and I'd love to build him a house that he'd like, in the desert except in my world, I only have two really tiny deserts despite me having a Medium world and one of them has an oasis and a bunch of palm trees. I'd rather not level every tree in that tiny...
  8. Xylia

**REPORTED** Terraria Doesn't Remember It Was Maximized Anymore

Am I crazy? I'm pretty sure that in 1.3.4, Terraria remembered you had it windowed but maximized upon start up, and now after 1.4+, it doesn't (you have to click the maximize button manually every time you start the game). This seems like a bug/oversight to me so I'm going to stick it in bug...
  9. Xylia

Towns, Spawns, and Happiness Confusion.

So, let me get this straight... To trigger "Town Music" and to stop enemy spawns, I need 3 NPCs in an area. But, to get happiness and pylons to work, I need no more than 2 NPCs near each other. This doesn't make a load of sense. Is there something I'm missing here? It seems really weird to...
  10. Xylia

PC PSA: Watch out for Steam Scams.

So just earlier, someone tried to scam me on Steam. I think the screenshots should speak for themselves: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5cbcl1hpaqejvh/steam_report_ed.png?dl=0 When this user sent me the link to the 2nd user's profile, I checked it. They looked like a normal user, and lacked any...
  11. Xylia

Hades

Just... wow. This game is getting rather fun and addictive. Basically, take Diablo and mix it with a Rogue-like. The gameplay is incredibly varied, even from run to run and you almost walk away with something even if you have a run of bad luck and end up getting killed early.
  12. Xylia

(Video Playthrough) One Last Time with 1.3.6

NOTE: I typed 1.3.6 by mistake, I really meant 1.3.5 but I cannot change the thread title. My apologies for the mixup. So I decided to record my last playthrough of 1.3.5, though I've started it from the WoF and on because to put it quite simply, early-game isn't usually all that exciting...
  13. Xylia

PC Terraria, Mouse, and 2 Displays

Is there any way to lock the mouse cursor to Terraria's window? I just added a 2nd display to my PC and even in Fullscreen mode, I am able to mouse off into the other display. Is there a way to prevent the mouse cursor from escaping Terraria's window without alt-tabbing?
  14. Xylia

Why is Profile Post Locking a thing?

As the Title suggests.... A user locking their profile posts so that nobody can respond to what they say is annoying and it defeats the purpose of profile posts to begin with. I've always been of the opinion that it should not be possible to do this (or if you do have it locked, then make it...
  15. Xylia

What Thorium Mod teaches us about early game.

I've been playing Thorium Mod lately, and I would have to say that the mod does a very good job of pointing out certain areas that the vanilla game could really use a facelift. Now, before I get into my suggestion(s), I would like to clarify something: I am not suggesting that we should...
  16. Xylia

19 Days Until Secret of Mana...

So....Secret of Mana. 19 day countdown. I pre-ordered, though I did so a bit nervously. They claim that there will be changes to its battle system.. "improvements" they call them. I'm afraid that the game will be changed too much and that the awesome formula that felt magical will be broken...
  17. Xylia

New Playthrough "Challenge": Do Me (A House)

So, I've been jonesing for some Terraria... but I find that anytime I try to start a new Playthrough, I usually get bored at the house-building phase, because I just simply lack creative ideas for building a decent looking house, or even something new that's still functional. So, an idea hit...
  18. Xylia

Constant Double Post errors in profiles.

So every time I try to post on someone's profile, I get an error that says "You must wait 15 seconds before performing this action" (paraphrased). When I navigate to the said profile, my post did actually show up. This means that quite likely, the forum is sending the command twice even though...
  19. Xylia

New NPC: Alchemist

While reading threads and thinkin' about stuff, an idea came to me. Why not an Alchemist NPC? NPC: Alchemist Spawned by: Alchemy Table held in inventory Weapon: Poison Flask (similar to the Toxic Flask dropped by Man Fly but obviously weaker) Sells: Always: Bottled Water Day: Lesser Healing...
  20. Xylia

PC Mandible Blade Should Be Craftable.

So, 1.3.3 brings with it yet another weapon that hardly anybody will actually use in serious progression, because it seems like Re-Logic has a fear of adding new things that are actually useful when they are found. Case in point with the new Mandible Blade. It does rather nice DPS, it is a low...
Top Bottom