• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

Search results

1. DRKV

Teal Pressure Plates are sometimes not triggered by Dart Traps

This is technically not a new problem in 1.4, but the situation has regressed somewhat. In the above picture, none of the pressure plates will actually get hit by the dart trap. The first row of examples, where the teal pad is facing towards the trap, is happening because the dart actually...
  2. DRKV

Dropped coin piles behave inconsistently

In Terraria 1.4 the physics of dropped sand and coin tiles were changed to be more realistic. They no longer get caught by otherwise non-solid tiles. (This is a pretty nice change btw, it makes working with them a lot easier, at least in theory.) The changes however also resulted in them doing...
  3. DRKV

PC 1.4 broke upwards firing traps...

In 1.3, if you placed a teal pressure plate right in-front of an upwards firing dart trap, the teal plate would get activated, then the projectile would be immediately destroyed. This let you create "gaps" in the game's projectile array, which made it possible to detect the creation of...
  4. DRKV

Guide A reference guide for simple logic devices

I have compiled a little guide that demonstrates the function of various simple logic gate devices. You can combine these in different ways to create all sorts of mechanisms. I constructed the guide in a “logical” order, first walking you through the most basic concepts, and then building up...
  5. DRKV

tModLoader [Guide] Better system for building mods with Visual Studio / msbuild

So, if you set up new projects often for building TModLoader mods with Visual Studio, you are probably familiar with this 12 step check list: blushiemagic/tModLoader Now, I might be in the minority here, but I actually do this quite a lot, to test things, to play around with silly ideas, stuff...
  6. DRKV

tModLoader Shop Expander

Shop Expander Shop expander aims to solve a problem encountered by many players using multiple large mods. Town NPCs have a limited amount of free shop inventory space. When multiple different mods add items to a single vanilla NPC's shop, it can overflow, causing any additional items to not...
  7. DRKV

PC [Showcase] elemenT - Elementary cellular automaton

I have created a device in Terraria, that can simulate any elementary CA. (Recommended read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elementary_cellular_automaton) So, yes, it is quite large. The is display is 200x200 pixels. It is about 1000 tiles wide and 800 tiles high. It just about fits into a...
  8. DRKV

PC [showcase] Reliable coin stack breaker

I've created a simple mechanism, for breaking placed coin stacks, and getting the coin items to drop. This could be quite useful for adventure map, where you want to drop an exact amount of money. As you can see, the device always beaks every single coin, except for the bottom two. So, how...
  9. DRKV

tModLoader MechScope - Wiring visualized

In my opinion, there is one big issue with wiring. You can’t really SEE what is actually going on. Everything happens instantly once you flip the switch. This isn’t a big deal if you just want to build simpler door mechanisms or traps, but when you have a huge chain of logic gates, things will...
  10. DRKV

PC Actuating tiles using sand

While messing with a few adventure map related mechanisms (I'll make posts about those shortly) whit @AlexanderStarship, I discovered a little glitch involving actuators and sand. Basically, If you drop an actuated sand tile, the air tile created at the location where it use to be will remain...
  11. DRKV

PC [Showcase] Reprogrammable rotary lock

About a year ago I made a pass-code lock, and despite the looks it was surprisingly functional. So now I made a bigger one! This one uses a dial to input the code, kinda like one of those cheap padlocks. The one above uses a 4 digit code with 12 settings on the dial. You could of course...
  12. DRKV

tModLoader Teleporters unchained

Are you tired of running kilometers of wiring, just to hook up two teleporters? Do you find teleporter hubs complicated and messy? We've got a solution: * Wireless teleporters * Wireless teleporters are crafted from a regular teleporter, 10 wires and 8 ectoplasm. They work similarly to regular...
  13. DRKV

tModLoader MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...

MechTransfer is a small mod, that adds various wire controlled devices to interact with items and move them between containers. The mod contains the following features: - Transferring items from one chest to another - Dropping and picking up items - Item sorting and detection - Automatic...
  14. DRKV

[Project] Reprogrammable passcode lock

Back in the era of hoiktronics I remember looking at this Programmable Passcode-Protected Door. Now that we have logic gates, I thought maybe even a noob like me could put something like that together. I mean what could go wrong... :) After about two days of designing and one day of hunting for...
  15. DRKV

[Showcase] Minecart based teleporter hub / telejunction

Well, this this is my first post, hope it goes well. :) Back in normal mode I built a kind of sky railway in my expert mode wrold. Now, in hardmode it is both slow and dangerous, so I decided to upgrade it. I wanted to have a train station in my base, that could teleport me to different...
Top Bottom