• Switch 1.4: Journey's End on Switch released January 4, 2022! More details here. Report bugs here.

Search results

1. N

Would be interesting if we could upgrade weapons/armor indefinitely.

Upgrading won't be free though. So you still have to "do work". If you want to skip a boss and spend time buffing up your existing stuff, that should be allowed. You might want the new stuff anyway just to see how it's like.
  2. N

Nah. People will always try the weapons/armor to see if they like it. If upgrading is easy then they will upgrade the new stuff too. If upgrading is difficult then the gap between upgraded old stuff and new stuff isn't going to be huge.
  3. N

You can max that out, so it isn't indefinite.
  4. N

Literally just grind and level up their power/stats - no new mechanics, effects nor graphics. This way if you really like a weapon or armor you can improve it stats and make it scale pretty much indefinitely.
  5. N

Wait....Metriodvania?

It was on first page of "Other Games". The sub-forum moves slowly it seem. The thread with the oldest last post is Curious for games | Terraria Community Forums , with the last post dated Nov 8 (at time of writing) - the post above mine was dated Nov 10.
  6. N

Wait....Metriodvania?

I would call Terraria a Metroidvania meets Minecraft. Equipment progression and combat-wise it is pretty much a Metroidvania. It's a Metroidvania where you can alter the stages.
  7. N

Give whips and summons a secondary attack.

Not really satisfied with how whips turned out. So here are some showerthoughts improvements I thought of. Probably won't happen but what the heck. Whip secondary attack Activation: by using right click (left click remains for standard attack) What it does: it commands the minions to use...
  8. N

Can we have blueprints and drones like Factorio? 😬

Probably should use a new item. The Grand Design is already kind of "overloaded" functionality-wise. For people wondering what blueprint/drones are like in Factorio ...
  9. N

On “overhauled graphics” and the future of terraria

Frankly, I'm fine with Terraria's graphics. It's functional and doesn't get in the way - rather than some super fancy graphics that makes it difficult to see the block boundaries. If they ever make a Terraria 2, what they need to add are more game mechanics and better quality of life features...
  10. N

How do you properly do summoner hybrid class playthroughs?

Not exactly sure what they mean by "hybrid summoner". Maybe just use summoner armor so you have decent number of minions and either a range or magic weapon with a melee weapons or whip as a weapon of last resort while using every summoning accessory you can get your hands on (perhaps ignoring...
  11. N

Suggestion: Allow Corruption to be toggled on or off

Don't know about him, but personally I didn't. I carried on using my pre-1.4 world. Can't be bothered to rebuild everything - heck, due to lack of certain QoL features, certain renovations are such a PITA that I generally don't bother.[1] I just created throwaway Master mode worlds to kill the...
  12. N

Discussion about classes and their design and gameplay

Come to think of it, frankly, I feel classes might just be something created by the player base. Terraria's combat design is clearly inspired by games like Castlevania:SotN. There aren't really any classes. Just items that anyone can use. Some items synergize well with each other - some don't...
  13. N

Favorite Summons

No real favorite. Terraprisma is my goto now given that it's the most powerful - both in damage and reliability; doesn't get stuck nor have target acquisition problems. It has interesting targeting mechanics. It need LoS to trigger attack mode but can attack through walls ignoring LoS once in...
  14. N

You also need to "wall" them to prevent vine growths - at least on the surface level, don't remember if vines are a problem in the underground level - AKA more work. It gets kind of long in the tooth on your second world onwards though. Keeping the spread controlled underground is quite...
  15. N

Not a bad idea but it's bit of a cheap solution though. I rather we given better tools to contain the corruption. Journey mode is basically throwing the baby out with the bath water. I don't see why I shouldn't ask for something. There no harm in asking. Why do you care if I ask for stuff...
  16. N

Personally I feel we need more tools to control it - i.e. it needs to be more controllable, with less effort. Can we control it now? Yes. Is it a huge enough of a PITA that I don't want to start a new world and have to do it all over again? Also yes. [1] I have already explain why Journey...
  17. N

How would it impact the new player? Just turn up the settings and they are done. No? The problem with Journey mode IMHO is that "constraints make the game" and there are no constraints in Journey mode - e.g. money earned is "worthless" since you can duplicate it easily. There is no motivation...
  18. N

I guess, he just didn't enjoy it because he found it overwhelming and would like to tone down that aspect of the game - without throwing the baby out with the bathwater via Journey mode. Personally I was fine with it on initial playthrough but our inability to reliably tame it even at end game...
  19. N

Can we have blueprints and drones like Factorio? 😬

It's fine if you enjoy the tedium - sometimes people are in the mood for that; rarely ever for me though. No offense meant by "braindead". Just saying it's an activity that doesn't exactly require much thinking/creativity although it does require concentration for more complicated builds -...
  20. N

PC Grand Design right click to show radial menu occasionally bugs out

Ah I see ... (what a weird function; not intuitive at all) That said, I recall it glitching out even when/after I'm away from any levers but maybe I'm misremembering.
Top Bottom