Search results

1. inomanoms

[Project] Improved Teleporter Hub Interfacings and Compressions

A teleporter hub must be one of the most popular mechanisms to built in Terraria. Here are some variations in teleporter hub layout that improve on those shown in Joe's threads. (Thumbnails. Click to enlarge) This first variation aims to improve in-game ease of use and TEDIT copy paste...
  2. inomanoms

Background doors

It would be nice if when attempted to be placed in spot against the floor with player placed background wall and no lintel, doors would appear as 2 by 3 tile background decorations. It was not long after people were faking windows with glass blocks that glass walls were introduced in 1.2. For...
  3. inomanoms

Hoiktronics: Simple Logic Gates

Hi! My name is @inomanoms, and I have been a member of the T-MEC forums for some time now, making builds and posting guides. I thought I would break out the T-MEC bubble and address a broader audience with this post on a universal logic gates. When 1.3.1 hits and logic gates are introduced to...
  4. inomanoms

[Guide] An Example of a Multiplex

So... I had promised this thread quite some ago. Despite having the general idea of how to build a multiplex in Terraria thought through, I kept running into snags, so that I hadn't been able to post with a working build until now. As a disclaimer, I am by no means computer or logics savy...
  5. inomanoms

[Project] An efficient, well circulated base.

I'm assuming, that everyone that has ever played Terraria has had that dream, or at least the ego: "I am going to make the best base the world has ever seen". Or maybe not, since I'm addressing a T-MEC audience; people who get more of a kick out of the pure mechanical challenges of the game. :D...
  6. inomanoms

[Project] Panic Portal

Some simple silly fun. I doubt this build would be worth the effort in a real game, but it's a panic portal which quickly teleports the player away from a dangerous place, 4 ticks at the latest after a player has entered the catchment area of the panic portal teleporter. A reason for doing this...
  7. inomanoms

[Guide] 1 Tick Logic Gates

Putting together @Thiner's discovery of dummy ghosts and @z26's use of them as hoiking agents, @DicemanX's explanation of terrarian logic gates, and @ZeroGravitas' insights on event orders within a game tick, I would like to present to you a method of creating gates that execute within one...
  8. inomanoms

[Project] Braille Input Device

After my foray into Terraria engineering with the 3 by 5 matrix display, I contemplated what follow up project would give me the opportunity to practice implementing some of the many mechanisms showcased on this forum in a meaningful way, and have come up with the idea for a Braille Input Device...
  9. inomanoms

[Project] unspaced, 3 by 5 matrix display

http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/ZvzixAh4/file.html After a week's worth of hard work, I am pleased to present what I consider to be an improvement on our segment displays: a 3 by 5 matrix display. I had initially intended to make a much larger matrix, but after much reasoning came to the...
Top Bottom