Search results for query: *

• Users: Djago
  • Order by date
  1. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

Dev here - between work, life and waiting for tModLoader to support 1.4, I haven't had a chance to come back around to this in quiiiiite a while - but I certainly haven't forgotten about it. In all likelihood, given the long absence and sweeping changes in 1.4, I will probably be restarting...
  2. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

They explode even if there's already a floor in place - copying and pasting twice for example. I don't think there are too many tiles which obey gravity, so I'll probably just add a list of applicable tile IDs. The debug window just shows the output value, so what the user sees is what the...
  3. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

Yeah, I'm also leaning more towards the old method, as annoying as it is to implement. I may try to find a way of encoding the data to use less space - just hovering over a TileCopier now gives you a ridiculously wide debug window; with the old method it's ten times worse. I do also really like...
  4. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

I've gone back and changed a bit how areas are sent between devices, so you can now choose an area with an If device. I'm trying to decide between two options for the TilePaster: a) The TileCopier stores all the data needed to paste (old method). b) The TileCopier only stores tile locations...
  5. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

I've pushed a small fix to the TilePaster to update the placed tiles, so coins now fall as expected. I haven't noticed any performance issues with it, but as always be careful of how big of an area you copy and paste. Still untested in MP. I've also noticed a small bug with activating a device...
  6. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

Well now, that is unexpected. I would much rather the pasted tiles follow normal rules such as gravity, and while it could lead to some neat results, it would probably result in more confusion than anything else if left in / given as an option. Maybe in the future, but for now it should...
  7. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

@Haku Here's the schematic for it. The circuit on the right is to regenerate (re-paste) the building when it drops below a given number of blocks. It's not at all clear from the image, but the vanilla wire is actually connected to the Trigger device connected to the TilePaster, not to the...
  8. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

I've pushed a small update to improve performance when drawing wires. On my not-a-gaming-laptop, this has reduced the FPS drop from 50-60% down to only 10-20%, which seems far more reasonable.
  9. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

Mod updated to v0.9.5 on ModBrowser. Updated to use tModLoader 0.11.4.
  10. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

So I've (mostly) fixed two big bugs: Zooming and Textboxes. Zooming now works at any scale, as long as Zoom and UI Scale are identical. I may one day remove the device rendering from the UI rendering system, but for now this enough of an improvement for me to be happy with it. Textboxes now no...
  11. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

I love the idea of a labyrith that changes as you navigate it, and it would combine well with some mob trap rooms as in the examples on the wiki. Chest access devices are another 'kinda planned' feature, but I don't think I'd go as far as requiring the items before pasting them. It may cut down...
  12. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

And now for the reveal... Tile copy / paste devices! This is still very much under development, and copies a lot more data than any other device BY FAR, so be careful with how big you make the copy area. I also need to figure out how to get tiles to 'glue' back to each other nicely instead...
  13. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

Well that was remarkably easy. All I had to do was paste in the code snippet you gave and change tiles[i].frameX = (short)(style * 18); to tiles[i].frameX = (short)((style % 16) * 18); tiles[i].frameY = (short)((style / 16) * 18); and hey presto, new font and more (and bigger) characters!
  14. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

Woah, thank you! This is miles better than my paltry efforts - I'm really not much for sprite design (as you may have already guessed :P). Also, good call making the characters bigger, I was starting to regret my decision around the letter G, and definitely regretting it by Q. I'll need a bit...
  15. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

I've pushed a small change to the NPC distance sensor to output the NPC name as well as the distance (to match the player distance sensor), so you can do this: I'm currently working on getting pins by name (it works, I just need to convert it all over), so you can use e.g...
  16. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

Currently only the following actions send sync messages: Placing a device Removing a device Connecting pins Disconnecting pins Manually changing a setting (currently only when right-clicking one of the 4 constants to set its value) TripWire (Flip/Flop device) Request all data (on player...
  17. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

Thanks a lot! I've merged in your pull request, but I've changed a fair bit, and renaming files squashes changes, so take a look over what I did here. So I decided to see what happens when I create a loop, adding 1 to the output and feeding it back into the input. As it turns out, my...
  18. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

I used to run a server using TShock, and currently a server running tModLoader, so I've already looked into combining them with little success. This investigation also led me to SSC, which I couldn't get running on a Linux server under Docker, so I gave up on it pretty quick. The mod already...
  19. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

Ah yes, the underwater base... My own ended up with an airlock using two actuated block doors and a water pump. It worked for the most part, but that MP server wasn't far enough along to have access to liquid sensors. I just added a new If (conditional) device that outputs one of two inputs...
  20. Djago

tModLoader WireMod

I'll add it to the 'potential future devices' list, but it probably won't appear for a while in any case. I definitely remember writing some code to keep track of a door's state changing outside of the system, but it must have not worked for whatever reason if I removed it. I'll take another...
Back
Top Bottom