Search results for query: *

1. Lucasness

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Finally someone else with sense and a basic knowledge of psychology.
  2. Lucasness

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

I think the penalties for incorrect torch use, and failure to utilise the happiness system, are redundant and only serve to alienate part of the player base. I understand wanting people to use the new mechanics, and I think the rewards for doing so are excellent books granted to those who are...
  3. Lucasness

Expand Your Terraria Empire - Pylons, Town Building, and NPC Happiness

For everyone coming into this thread- here’s the FACTS regarding how npc prices work in regards to the new happiness system. These are multiplicative apparently, but I’ve heard they may be additive instead. Of note: if an npc is in a disliked biome OR near someone they dislike, you CANNOT...
  4. Lucasness

Well, it’s actually 50% max increase. And it happens if you so much as put an npc next to someone they dislike.
  5. Lucasness

Exactly. You can’t say ‘it’s optional’ when you add a punishment for not complying. You can say it’s optional if there’s rewards for following it (and these are two very different things, before someone implies they’re the same).
  6. Lucasness

I agree with this, but it should be pointed out it has been said that prices increase for unhappy npcs. And yes, we don’t know the extent, that’s part of what’s so frustrating because revealing a simple number could solve the concerns of a great number of people.
  7. Lucasness

No one is saying it's going to ruin terraria as a whole, they're just giving their opinion and suggesting ways it could be improved. You're the one projecting onto other people, and assuming meaning behind their words when there is none.
  8. Lucasness

See I still don’t understand why saying a number is so damning and they’re reluctant to do it, unless they know it’s so high it’ll annoy a lot of people
  9. Lucasness

Indeed, it’s so incredibly easy to fix the devs could do it with no extra dev time- hence why people are expressing concern over it. You also do not know it’s tiny. You also act like you know everything about it.
  10. Lucasness

Probably because no one on discord has any issue with this, so they don’t have to explain anything.
  11. Lucasness

Especially since if they make the prices higher more people will just mod it out anyway
  12. Lucasness

You literally state stardew valley as your prime example, which only rewards people for engaging with the mechanic, and does not actively punish you for ignoring it. Rewards for engaging with the new system are fine, changing the current price structure for refusing to is not. Money is an aspect...
  13. Lucasness

Probably somewhat telling the devs haven’t said anything to allay concerns people have
  14. Lucasness

Yeah, they said earlier reforges are affected.
  15. Lucasness

A simple number telling us how much prices can change, or how crowded constitutes overcrowded would be very nice- then we can at least know if we will have to change. I personally don’t build too creatively, but I also don’t do literally the bare minimum- but from what I’ve read and your example...
  16. Lucasness

You’re right, but at least refraining from raising doesn’t throw out the game’s current monetary progression. Incentives to make something easier are better than ruining the current game progression as a punishment from not using a new feature. Those who do not use the new feature do not lose...
  17. Lucasness

You can even keep the discounted prices IMO, just don’t raise them for people who don’t want to build. Then it’s all incentives- carrots as opposed to sticks.
Back
Top Bottom