Search results for query: *

1. P

[Showcase/Project] A Compact Fishing Complex and More

@haiba, interesting approach to combining the surface, underground and ocean pools into one. I’ll have to try that! Also I was skeptical when @NeoPhantom mentioned that the position of the bobber and not the player determined “ocean” but I see now that’s the case with your build. Good job! The...
  2. P

Sorry! I just edited the OP to warn others that 1.4 breaks the fishing complex. A little late I know. :merchantcry:
  3. P

@Kisk, you can stop jungle plants from growing by making sure that there is no empty space above and (maybe) below your jungle grass. You can do that by having only vertical columns of jungle grass with no "ladder rungs" between them. It's safe to have 2 block wide columns with empty spaces...
  4. P

@Kisk, what a great idea! Spreading out little blocks of biome that complete a biome’s requirement in a just a itsey-bitsey little area. I have had no problem restricting the biome’s influence to either a range of vertical tiles or horizontal ones but never thought to do both at once. Good job...
  5. P

@NeoPhantom, thanks for the image. I can now see why you need to get the build at exactly the right coordinates. Whew! :merchantsigh: Looks good though and as a side-benefit you can catch salmon in the forest in your bigger 1000 tile pool. It seems strange that the bobber position is what...
  6. P

Do you have a screen shot of how you’d integrate the ocean? I’m having a little trouble seeing how it would work. Thanks for reminding me that hallow doesn’t overwhelm jungle like the evil biomes do. I changed over to a 5 x 25 chunk of pearlstone rather than the 2 x 63 -1 chunk. That’s not...
  7. P

I just noticed that the complex has a pleasing symmetry about it. Not counting the containing walls, there is a 35 wide pool area flanked by two 35 block wide biome towers with a gap of 45 tiles between the pool area and each biome tower. The gaps can left undug or filled with stuff, like lava /...
  8. P

Wow, busy last night. Good job! I tried pretty much the same ordering as @Banquish, with the exception that crimson came first and then corruption. I was able to catch all the correct crates and (I think) all of the correct special fish but there are the wrong backgrounds for hallow and jungle...
  9. P

Back in pre-1.4 days I noticed that if you had both crimson and corruption then you would get a 50/50 split of the fish but (as the Wiki says) corruption would take priority and you would only get corruption crates. I also noticed with this hybrid you would only catch tokicarp weapons and never...
  10. P

@King_Wataba, here's a grid shot concentrating on the ponds and the biomes... Hope this helps! By the way, the world file I attached a few posts back was made with the 1.3.4 version of TEdit. I tested stuff with 1.4 but never saved to it so it is loadable by that version of TEdit...
  11. P

Here's a picture of a 1.4 fishing complex, minus the mushroom addon (which no longer works in 1.4)... A few points The biome blocks on the right consist of 38 wide by 60 high blocks with 20 columns of snow, 3 of jungle grass (the "H" pattern has 140 jungle grass blocks), 5 more columns of...
  12. P

I thought it was 60 tiles vertically but not sure of that now after hacking together a new fishing complex using TEdit. The mushroom biome seemed to be about 68 but still not sure as I am in the mushroom biome but am not seeming to be able to catch the Amanita Fungifin even though TEdit has...
  13. P

Thanks for the info. I tried 600 blocks of snow and didn’t get the ice biome so I vastly under estimated the chill factor. These new minimum values mean that the fishing complex can still be tweaked to work! Yay! :merchantsigh:
  14. P

There definitely have been some 1.4 changes that break the fishing complex. The mushroom biome seems to now extend far beyond the 43 vertical tiles but, even removing that biome, doesn’t fix it as the catches from the pools all seem to be from the forest. At least the two pools still seem to...
  15. P

Buff Potion Tier List

A good use of the Obsidian Skin potion is diving deep into the lava in the underworld and mining for Hellstone. I usually do this immediately after breaking a pot and finding the potion on one of my first forays in the Underworld and can pickup 300 or more Hellstone without too much interference...
  16. P

@TheOrganicRobot: Yes, your idea will work. With it you would select the biome by shifting left/right on the platform and then cast to either the left/right to the appropriate height pool. You could also adjust the distribution of the biome blocks (the jungle, snow, evil and hallow blocks) to...
  17. P

If you're getting mushroom biome music, you must have at least 100 mushroom "grass" blocks and glowing mushrooms within 43 vertical tiles of you. There are differences in biome priority between the music you hear and the fish you can catch as well as certain categories of fish (quest, rarity and...
  18. P

PC Crystal Serpent in Hallowed Snow Biome?

I recently set up a cavern level pond with pink ice to catch the elusive Scaly Truffle and managed to snag a Crystal Serpent so, yes, it is possible. :merchantnaughty:
  19. P

Doesn't the attachment on the second post work for you? The FishingWorld-2.wld file should be enough if you're on the PC. I'm sorry I can't supply anything for console for mobile Terraria.
  20. P

Floods of Honey and Lava

Way back last year I tried two running two of my generators but found that would trigger a forced liquid settling on average about oncer a minute. My thought was that these forced settlings are bad for efficiency but can't say that I tested this. A single one of my water generators will yield...
Back
Top Bottom