Search results for query: *

1. P

PC Worst world generation/spawns?

Somehow, I managed to spawn inside Corruption once. It was a bit weird as the spawn area didn't have any chasms in it, just a flat expanse of corruption grass with Purity just offscreen to the right. Chasms only began generating a good distance to the left.
  2. P

Need help with Wall of Flesh on Expert mode

A bit late now, but I'm surprised nobody mentioned the bunny mount. Lets you outspeed him even when he's at minimal health.
  3. P

Why the Summoner class is terrible

Random note: summoners can get "okay" defense by wearing the melee Chlorophyte helmet; it's best used with Stardust armor where the set bonus isn't too great (you miss out on 22% summon damage and a minion, and the Stardust Guardian if you count that as a loss), giving you an armor rating...
  4. P

Top Techniques That Make Bosses a JOKE

Having trouble with Expert Skeletron? Just use a slime mount! The significantly-boosted jumps make dodging his hands and skull projectiles much easier, and when he starts spinning you can just jump on his head and over him in relative safety. Build a house for the Nurse and Dryad nearby, and...
  5. P

Why choose a class??

You don't HAVE to specialize in a specific class, especially early on where high DPS isn't a huge concern. Many choose to at about Hardmode in part because it costs a ton of materials to get armor for multiple "classes" if they want to switch, and in part because specializing in one class...
  6. P

Help Needed! Building Suitable Houses In Corruption?

IIRC, sunflowers reduce the "corruption rating" of an area, so you can have a house in Corruption/Crimson so long as you plant a crapton of sunflowers or something.
  7. P

Weapons & Equip Summoner's Summons & Summonings

How about some summoning items crafted from Antlion Mandibles, sort of like the Spider Fangs? When I first went into the Underground Desert and started gathering all those antlion mandibles, I was thinking "oh, hey, I heard they were improving summoner in 1.3 so surely now that these are more...
  8. P

Things you love or hate, but everyone else seems to believe the opposite?

I dislike Starfury very much. It just seems like a lackluster sword to me; I'll take it if I get it really early, but I'll use many "worse" weapons over it (like, say, the humble Spear). And, since I don't tend to look for floating islands until around the Dungeon, I tend to ignore it...
  9. P

What is your swear-by-it weapon?

You're right (if you're playing a dedicated mage anyway). Good thing that Demon Scythe is a magic weapon and not a melee weapon. :p
  10. P

What is your swear-by-it weapon?

Demon Scythe. Not only does it deal respectable damage, but it's also good for getting enemies off of your back if you're a mage; most mobs try to run into you, and no matter where you aim, a Demon Scythe will hit an enemy AND knock it away from you if you're getting swarmed; plus, because of...
  11. P

Do you have a specific order for hotbar items?

1: Primary weapon OR a backup weapon, depending on how far in the game I am and if I'm maining melee (always my primary) or anything else (backup melee in early game, primary later on). 2: My primary weapon if slot 1 has my backup, or my backup if slot 1 has my primary. 3-5: Assorted weapons...
  12. P

PC Strange Plant Farm Discussion

Dye plants won't spawn on corruption/crimson, but if the grass a dye plant is on becomes corrupted/crimsoned it will not be uprooted last time I checked. You'd have to crimson the entire surface and pluck every dye plant first. At least, that's the case for blueberries and marigolds; not too...
Back
Top Bottom