Search results for query: *

1. HotPocketRemix

Theory: Certain blocks cannot have enemies spawn on them?

Spawning priority is annoying to calculate because it's set up as one gigantic branching function. So while it's relatively easy to see what conditions are required to make something spawn (although not *so* easy, as the discussion in this thread shows), it's particularly challenging to say what...
  2. HotPocketRemix

Theory: Certain blocks cannot have enemies spawn on them?

Hmm, the spawning conditions for Granite and Marble enemies is very odd. It's not entirely clear to me what is going on in the code. A quick glance seems to suggest that just have the relevant blocks near the player would be enough to trigger the flag, although the more the better, because the...
  3. HotPocketRemix

Showcase [Showcase] Celestial Pillar Horseman's Blade Farm

I don't actually know. I'm not even sure if I'm consistently hitting at least 4 enemies every swing: the farm works well enough as it is, I didn't want to mess around with it trying to eke out slightly better fodder enemy spawn rates. Looking at the video, I think the 4 maximum has some strong...
  4. HotPocketRemix

It's all in the name of progress! Although, I really wish I could disable banners from those two enemies. As you can imagine, I've gotten a fair few and they take up room in my inventory when I'm using the farm. When I was deliberately letting it run without killing the pillars, so that I could...
  5. HotPocketRemix

After a Lunatic Cultist farm, I think this was the natural next step, right? (Actually, I started working on this idea well before that farm, indeed, well before I joined this forum.) I noticed while reading the code -- and thanks to @Smiffy's experiments in this thread -- that you can force...
  6. HotPocketRemix

Question [Question] Can "swarm spawning" exceed the upper limit of spawn rate and max spawn?

Pretty much, although not quite like harpies, I suppose. Algorithm is as follows: Choose an x value somewhere within maxScreenWidth of the player. (Usually 1920 units for most people, I think.) Choose a y value somewhere within 0.75 * maxScreenHeight above the player and 1.5 * maxScreenHeight...
  7. HotPocketRemix

Question [Question] Can "swarm spawning" exceed the upper limit of spawn rate and max spawn?

They still only take up 0.15 slots. Looks like the slime rain spawns are processed independently of other spawns, and so ignores battle potions, water candles, etc. The best thing to do for slime rain spawns is to have as few enemies of any type on screen as possible, since the slimes spawn...
  8. HotPocketRemix

[Challenge] Automated banner farm

Yeah, those mimics are no fun; they also took me by surprise. Although, less so, I suppose, since I was trying to spawn them to get their drops. That was a few weeks ago, but I do recall that they had some restrictive spawning conditions, so maybe they can just be eliminated that way. I could be...
  9. HotPocketRemix

I think @Spuriouslees is referring to the Vine item that frequently drops from Man Eaters and tend to clog up your inventory in a Jungle farm since they are so common. All banners work the same, from what I can see. There's no special, smaller count for rarer enemies. Whenever an enemy dies...
  10. HotPocketRemix

PC Fastest Terrarian ever! (portal gun speed boosts)

The game does physics calculations using the player's projected position, not their true position. Obviously, I can't check every occurrence, but it's the case for the portal entry check. That is, the game uses player.position + player.velocity rather than just player.position to determine if...
  11. HotPocketRemix

The original 1.3.0.1 changes would have made farming for banners simpler than in 1.2, since they just made it so that every 50 kills, the nearest player is awarded a banner. However, the community-at-large complained because they would get banners that clog up their inventory whenever a monster...
  12. HotPocketRemix

PC Prototype Lunatic Cultist Farm & AI Analysis

That's very cool! For some reason, I didn't think to check if that was the case, because it seemed unlikely. What I think must be happening here is that they're both being hit on the same tick, but the Cultist is being processed first: Since the Lightning Ritual projectile controls the outcome...
  13. HotPocketRemix

And here I was looking at that code trying to figure out if there was a bug in it that would prevent players from moving above a certain speed -- which would stop this contest short -- and the only thing I could figure out was "Well, it might crash if someone changes lighting modes at high...
  14. HotPocketRemix

PC Prototype Lunatic Cultist Farm & AI Analysis

Hello everyone! I'm sure everyone out there is currently struggling with the Lunatic Cultist, since he's one of the hardest bosses in the... Just kidding. The Lunatic Cultist is pretty easy. But that doesn't mean there no point in making a farm. This is T-MEC after all. Plus, the Lunatic...
  15. HotPocketRemix

PC [Idea] Trapping and farming the lunar event pillars

Very nice work, @Wahoa ! I was working on something similar; I'll post a picture of it when I get the chance. However, there's one thing that I couldn't quite figure out for certain and it means I might have to move something around: when the Pillar spawns at, say, (2520, 80), where is that in...
  16. HotPocketRemix

The game actually uses the real-life conversion factor, however it rounds the result. Internally, speeds are measured in units/tick, where a unit is 1/16th of a tile, and a tick is 1/60th of a real-life second. To convert the player's speed from u/t to mph, it uses the conversion factor 1 u/t =...
  17. HotPocketRemix

PC 1.3 changes

I figured as much. Looks like people will have to be a little bit creative when it comes to farming the Moon Lord. My source hasn't come through yet, so I'm still in the dark about some of the stuff. Did you notice any other significant changes from 1.3.0.6? My decompiler has trouble with...
  18. HotPocketRemix

[Project] Researching Maxium Sword Hit Rate (e.g. for Horseman's Blade Arena)

Yep, just checked, it was this way in 1.3.0.1. I suspect it got changed in 1.3.0.3 to fix the bug where The Horseman's Blade would not summon pumpkins when hitting a Celestial Pillar enemy, since those enemies do not drop money.
  19. HotPocketRemix

PC 1.3 changes

I just finishing diff-ing the changes. Looks like the Projectile bug has been fixed. I'm not sure about the contact damage bug, because it's in a part of the code that my decompiler can't handle, so I'm waiting on other information. I would guess that it has probably also been fixed, however...
  20. HotPocketRemix

PC 1.3 changes

The changelog for 1.3.0.6 says that the Moon Lord has been given his own cooldown timer, which is true as far as I can tell. However, all of the damage/invincibility frame exploits still work. From what I'm seeing in the code, this is because of a bug (two bugs, actually). For projectile...
Back
Top Bottom