Search results for query: *

1. Altaire

Terraria: Labor of Love is Out Now!

Boy, am I late to discover that this is a thing. This is awesome. I think you could've gotten away with never doing any of this, which makes it that much cooler that you did. There's some really great stuff in here, a lot of QoL changes that go a long way. I'm definitely eager to check this out.
  2. Altaire

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

There are some really smart changes in here, imo. I'm very much looking forward to trying them out. Accessory balance is always something I've had issue with, and this is a very big step in the right direction. It'll make itemization a lot more interesting.
  3. Altaire

There & Back Again: A Summary of Journey's End

As frustrating as it was to wait through the delays, I'll say this: 1.4 delivers. It managed to be worth the wait. 1.3 was already a substantially new game, and this is clearly larger in scope than that was. From what I've read so far, this has done away with most of my biggest gripes from the...
  4. Altaire

A Quick Update on Journey's End Timing

It's funny to me that we went from "it'll be out in late 2019", to "with this whole quarantine situation, we're going to be able to REALLY push now, so now it might even be out by halfway through 2020!" Based on that, the initial projection was off by... Err, almost an entire year? With all due...
  5. Altaire

Terraria State of the Game - January 2020

...lol Your "opinion" in this case is that what they're doing with master mode is "development time that would've been better invested elsewhere". As someone already pointed out for you, the amount of "development time" required for something like this is a drop in the bucket, relative to...
  6. Altaire

100% this. Standardize content across all three, just vary boss/enemy stats, drop rates, gold. Possibly add some new behavior/attacks to certain enemies, like expert already does. Exclusive modifiers based on difficulty would be fine too, although I don't think it's really necessary. If 1.4...
  7. Altaire

And it wasn't enough to deter you from posting it? Yikes. He's absolutely right. If master mode is primarily just an adjustment to numbers and drop rates, the amount of "extra work" wouldn't even put a noticeable dent in 1.4's dev period, especially when it's (presumably) just percentile...
  8. Altaire

Based on this exchange, I really can't figure out which of you is dumber.

Based on this exchange, I really can't figure out which of you is dumber.
  9. Altaire

...You mean, like... What you just wrote? Or like, what everyone else writes, because that's...

...You mean, like... What you just wrote? Or like, what everyone else writes, because that's the accepted standard?
  10. Altaire

Terraria State of the Game: November 2019

Yes, really. $20 once every year to two years? That's... About the price of a pizza, or a trip to the movies. If it meant more and better content for this game, yeah, I'd have absolutely no problems with that. When people complain about having to pay $60 for a new COD yearly, I can empathize...
  11. Altaire

Okay, but like... If you're going to announce a release date, even as tentative as "by the end of 2019", you need to crack the whip yourself. You need to be at least somewhat mindful of the implications of whatever spur-of-the-moment changes you feel like adding to the workload. Again, this...
  12. Altaire

Does it matter? Is that at all relevant to whether or not this thing you do is incredibly obnoxious?

Does it matter? Is that at all relevant to whether or not this thing you do is incredibly obnoxious?
  13. Altaire

How mature of you.
  14. Altaire

Please Stop Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Single Word You Type. It Is Incredibly...

Please Stop Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Single Word You Type. It Is Incredibly Obnoxious, And Completely Unnecessary.
  15. Altaire

See, this is the one thing that grates on me a bit when it comes to this sort of situation. When you put it this way, you make it sound as though you're referring to the update being rushed out the door, before they've had enough time to proof it. We're not talking about that. We're talking...
  16. Altaire

Terraria State of the Game: October 2019

...Really lmao Really Like, consider the amount of new content (ostensibly not previously planned) that's being worked on, as per the last few state of the game updates. Does that really sound, to you, like they're "simply heavily QA testing" right now? I mean, really. Really. There's wishful...
  17. Altaire

I'm aware. Everyone who saw the block replacer preview from way back when is well aware. I still very, very highly doubt that this is coming out in the next seven weeks. I realize they've been saying "late 2019" for awhile now, but from the looks of the updates we've been getting over the past...
  18. Altaire

Texture Pack Afram - A Terraria Texture Pack

I don't understand how anything as vibrant as this style could look too "realistic". Considering it's much the same style as most of the newer blocks they've added from 1.3 onward, I'd say this fits just fine.
  19. Altaire

...lmao This is the most surreal thing I've read on the internet all year. I don't see how 1.4 even possibly comes out before the end of the year, let alone the end of October.
  20. Altaire

Terraria State of the Game - July 2019

Oh. I must've glossed over this when I read the list of upcoming changes. That's good to hear.
Back
Top Bottom