Windows Problem Reporting

ScotWasHere

Terrarian
Hello, when I try to open Terraria it dosen't open and when I check Task Manager I get the Windows Problem Reporting, but some times the game it does open.
Screenshot_1.png

Try checking the integrity of your Terraria files on steam. Sometimes that will rule out some issues. Also what happens if you click on the Windows Problem Reporting thingie and click end task?

Hello! I did to "verify integrity of game files" one time and i got this message.

Files 1.png

Then I tried to open the game 4 times, 2 times I didn't even get "Terraria" or "Windows Problem Reporting" message into my Task Manager, the other 2 times I got the "Windows Problem Reporting" message for 1 second but not the "Terraria" message. Also when I try to end task on the "Windows Problem Reporting" nothing happens.

Hmmmm ok... see if this works:
1. Go to Documents
2. Then My Games
3. Then Terraria
4. Then delete the file that is called "config" or "config.json"
After doing this, run another File Integrity Validation. The proplem you are having might have something to do with the config being corrupted.

Edit: Does terraria.exe ever crash and disappear from the task manager, or does it, along with the windows error, stay there until you close it?

Oh thank you! My game works for now, but as I have said before some times it dosen't work so if I have the same problem again i'm gonna let you know.

I'm having the same problem , my game is not opening and says it has a corrupted file , I've done everything and does not open..

I'm having the same problem , my game is not opening and says it has a corrupted file , I've done everything and does not open..
So you've deleted the config.json file and verified the integrity and still no terraria?

How to Verify Integrity of Game Files:
1. Open Steam
2. Right click Terraria in the list of games on the left side of the screen.
3. Click Properties.
4. Go to the Local Files tab
5. Click the button saying "Verify Integrity of Game Files..."

I will do a bit more digging and try to find the fix if this doesn't work for you.

Edit: Ok so @rorob try just downloading these two things and see if terraria works after that:

P.S.: These are safe downloads from the official Microsoft website so don't worry.

Last edited:
unfortunately it did not work, I downloaded these 2 files and continues the problem do not know more what to do to very sad wanted to play hihihihi

@rorob Sorry I can't understand spanish :(

Edit: ok i used google translate. I'm very sorry those didn't fix anything either. I will keep looking and I hope to fix your problem eventually.

Edit Edit: ¿Preferirías que yo hablara español? Tenga en cuenta que utilizo el traductor de Google, por lo que puede ser difícil de entender.

Hello, my game is broken again and It dosen't open and I also get the same Windows Problem Reporting message on my Task Manager.

Hello, my game is broken again and It dosen't open and I also get the same Windows Problem Reporting message on my Task Manager.
Ok weird. Have you by chance upgraded to a new version of windows recently? I've seen multiple problems with people upgrading to windows 10.

Edit: @rorob what language do you speak, I put your message into translator and it says its Portuguese but I thought it was Spanish.

Tá estranho. Por acaso, você atualizou para uma nova versão do Windows recentemente? Já vi vários problemas com pessoas atualizando para o Windows 10.
meu windows atualiza sozinho, então acredito que esteja atualizado, mas não tenho como compará-lo com a versão antiga porque ainda não tinha o jogo.

Ok weird. Have you by chance upgraded to a new version of windows recently? I've seen multiple problems with people upgrading to windows 10.

Edit: @rorob what language do you speak, I put your message into translator and it says its Portuguese but I thought it was Spanish.
No I'm using Windows 10 for a long time and I just bought the game so I'm having the problem since the day I bought it, it's not a new error.

meu windows atualiza sozinho, então acredito que esteja atualizado, mas não tenho como compará-lo com a versão antiga porque ainda não tinha o jogo.
Ok well lets just try this anyway.

How to Run Terraria in Compatibility Mode:
1. Go to the exact file location, C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Terraria, or go to Steam, right click Terraria on the list, then properties, Local Files, and click Browse.
2. Right click on Terraria.exe
3. Click Properties
4. And where it says "run this program in compatibility mode fore:", check the box.
5. Click the dropbox below it and select windows 8 or windows 7.

i speak portuguese but i'm putting it on google

Back
Top Bottom