tModLoader Want Mod Compatibility?

tl;dr: If you've ever wanted two mods to be compatible with one another, leave a comment and I'll see what I can do. (And please read the list at the bottom of this post for what I can't do before you suggest anything.)

I recently released a mod titled "Assorted Mod Compatibility". It adds compatibility between several mods.
However, I don't play all that many mods. Or all that much Terraria in general. Modder's curse, I suppose.
So, I wanted to extend an offer to the forums:

You give me ideas as to what mods to make compatible with one another, and I do my best to add that compatibility.
If you'd like, check out the Workshop page linked above. It has lists of everything the mod already add support for, which might give you ideas for other mods that kind of support would be nice for.

Things I Can't Do:
  • New content: For example, Calamity bard items. I can't sprite and I can't balance, plain and simple.
  • <X> Mode AI: Revengeance, Death, Eternity, etc.. Not only do I not know boss design, but I also haven't played any modded difficulty in years at this point.

This is an awesome idea! Thank you for your work! I've never used Item Checklist in my playthroughs because I knew it's impossible to complete it with various mods that have some unobtainable items. But with this mod that won't be a problem! Also, it's nice to see Assymetric Equipment support. It's a very nice mod (thank you for making it as well!!!), so I'm glad more mods are compatible with it.

I have a couple of suggestions for the mod. Most of them seem to be pretty easy to implement, based on what you've already added.

1. Item Check Blacklist List support for more mods:
Pretty self explanatory.

List of mods that should have some items blacklisted:
1) Thorium (you've left a couple of unobtainable items: Darksteel Mace, Firestorm Boots, Igneous Rock, Scortched Bone, Minotaur Skull);
2) Consolaria (Holy Hand Grenade 2);
3) Echoes of the Ancients (Phoenix Feather, Pestillence, Basilisk Blade and Universium Blade are unobtainable in the current version, so I think they should be temporarily blacklisted);
4) Fisherman NPC (Caught Fisherman);
5) Orchid mod (Unfortunately, there are quite a lot of unobtainable items there. I won't be able to list all of them).

2. Thorium X Storm's Additions "compatibility tweaks":
Thorium and Storm's Additions work well together. However, there are a couple of tweaks that can be done to make them more compatible.
1. Make Dissonance Seers drop Chaos Orbs;
2. Make Moonling drop modded fragments (you can as well make Moonling drop fragments from The Clicker Class and Orchid mod).

3. Miscellania's Auto Fisher support:
Miscellania mod adds an Auto Fisher. It's a very nice addition (I like fishing, but it's also nice to have something to do some fishing while I'm doing other things), but modders have to manually add support for their mod's items to be able to be fished up. You can find all the necessary information (at least I hope so) on how to add the compatibility on the mod's github page (Implementing Autofisher mod integration).
I am not 100% sure it's still possible to do that on the 1.4.3.6 version of the mod (since there're no examples), but I think it is.

Here's the list of mods that I'd like to be supported by the Auto Fisher (for some of the mods I've even listed the items, to make searching process slightly less tedious for you):
1) Thorium mod (Hat Fish and all the items that are listed here: https://thoriummod.wiki.gg/wiki/Fishing);
2) Echoes of the Ancients mod (Life Fish that can be rarely fished up underground);
3) Confection REBAKED;
4) (Possibly) The Depths (I'm not sure if any fishing content has been fully added yet);
5) TerraTemp (Cherry Barb that can be fished up on the Jungle surface).

4. Assymetric Equipment support:
I don't think I need to explain much here.

List of mods that I'd like to be compatible with Assymetric Equipment:
1) Orchid mod;
2) Storm's Additions;
3) Consolaria;
4) The Clicker Class;
5) Liber Creaturarum;
6) The Depths;
7) Valhalla Mod.

5. Thorium mod enemy repellents support
Thorium mod has enemy repellents. Would be nice to see suitable modded enemies be affected by them. Here's a link the the wiki page that will give you more information about them: Enemy Repellents.

List of mods that have enemies that should be affected by enemy repellents:
1) Liber Creaturarum;
2) Valhalla Mod;
3) Consolaria;
4) Miscellania;
5) Storm's Additions;
6) (Possibly) Crystilium;
7) The Depths.

6. Enhanced Buff Display compatibility:
I've never played with that mod, but I guess the some of the buffs from Storm's Additions ("Shroom Power", "Ho-Ho-Homing Missiles" and maybe others) count as "Tiered Buffs".

That's a lot of suggestions, I know, but it'd be awesome if you implement them into your amazing mod.
All in all, I'm really happy that somebody wants to do a mod compatibility mod. I recommend you to take a look at the mods I've mentioned, maybe you'll have more ideas for various mod compatibility changes. I haven't checked some of the mods that you're adding compatibility with, so I may've missed some good ideas.
Oh, and sorry if I've missed some typos, haha!)
And, again, thank you for your amazing work!

Last edited:
This is an awesome idea! Thank you for your work! I've never used Item Checklist in my playthroughs because I knew it's impossible to complete it with various mods that have some unobtainable items. But with this mod that won't be a problem! Also, it's nice to see Assymetric Equipment support. It's a very nice mod (thank you for making it as well!!!), so I'm glad more mods are compatible with it.

I have a couple of suggestions for the mod. Most of them seem to be pretty easy to implement, based on what you've already added.

1. Item Check Blacklist List support for more mods:
Pretty self explanatory.

List of mods that should have some items blacklisted:
1) Thorium (you've left a couple of unobtainable items: Darksteel Mace, Firestorm Boots, Igneous Rock, Scortched Bone, Minotaur Skull);
2) Consolaria (Holy Hand Grenade 2);
3) Echoes of the Ancients (Phoenix Feather, Pestillence, Basilisk Blade and Universium Blade are unobtainable in the current version, so I think they should be temporarily blacklisted);
4) Fisherman NPC (Caught Fisherman);
5) Orchid mod (Unfortunately, there are quite a lot of unobtainable items there. I won't be able to list all of them).

2. Thorium X Storm's Additions "compatibility tweaks":
Thorium and Storm's Additions work well together. However, there are a couple of tweaks that can be done to make them more compatible.
1. Make Dissonance Seers drop Chaos Orbs;
2. Make Moonling drop modded fragments (you can as well make Moonling drop fragments from The Clicker Class and Orchid mod).

3. Miscellania's Auto Fisher support:
Miscellania mod adds an Auto Fisher. It's a very nice addition (I like fishing, but it's also nice to have something to do some fishing while I'm doing other things), but modders have to manually add support for their mod's items to be able to be fished up. You can find all the necessary information (at least I hope so) on how to add the compatibility on the mod's github page (Implementing Autofisher mod integration).
I am not 100% sure it's still possible to do that on the 1.4.3.6 version of the mod (since there're no examples), but I think it is.

Here's the list of mods that I'd like to be supported by the Auto Fisher (for some of the mods I've even listed the items, to make searching process slightly less tedious for you):
1) Thorium mod (Hat Fish and all the items that are listed here: https://thoriummod.wiki.gg/wiki/Fishing);
2) Echoes of the Ancients mod (Life Fish that can be rarely fished up underground);
3) Confection REBAKED;
4) (Possibly) The Depths (I'm not sure if any fishing content has been fully added yet);
5) TerraTemp (Cherry Barb that can be fished up on the Jungle surface).

4. Assymetric Equipment support:
I don't think I need to explain much here.

List of mods that I'd like to be compatible with Assymetric Equipment:
1) Orchid mod;
2) Storm's Additions;
3) Consolaria;
4) The Clicker Class;
5) Liber Creaturarum;
6) The Depths;
7) Valhalla Mod.

Thorium mod has enemy repellents. Would be nice to see suitable modded enemies be affected by them. Here's alink the the wiki page that will give you mire information about them: Enemy Repellents.

1) Liber Creaturarum;
2) Valhalla Mod;
3) Consolaria;
4) Miscellania;
5) Storm's Additions;
7) The Depths.

6. Enhanced Buff Display compatibility:
I've never played with that mod, but I guess the some of the buffs from Storm's Additions ("Shroom Power", "Ho-Ho-Homing Missiles" and maybe others) count as "Tiered Buffs".

That's a lot of suggestions, I know, but it'd be awesome if you implement them into your amazing mod.
All in all, I'm really happy that somebody wants to do a mod compatibility mod. I recommend you to take a look at the mods I've mentioned, maybe you'll have more ideas for various mod compatibility changes. I haven't checked some of the mods that you're adding compatibility with, so I may've missed some good ideas.
Oh, and sorry if I've missed some typos, haha!)
And, again, thank you for your amazing work!
Thank you for the suggestions! I'll add them to the todo list.
It might be a bit before some of these are implemented, so I'll be sure to comment when I get the done.

It might be a bit before some of these are implemented, so I'll be sure to comment when I get the done.
I'm glad you like my suggestions!

There's one important thing that I forgot to note in my previous message.
Caught Fisherman (from Fisherman NPC) can be obtained, but only if you turn this option on in the config. So, instead of blacklisting the item entirely, it should check if you have this option turned on or off and blacklist it only if the option is turned off.

Also, I have another small idea.
Thorium adds an altenative crafting recipe for the Celestial Sigil: it requires 20 of each Thorium mod's fragment. My idea is to include Mice Fragments from The Clicker Class in the recipe if both mods are enabled. Mice Fragments are obtained the same way all the Thorium's fragments are obtained, plus this will make the recipe a bit more similar to the Terraria's one (since Terraria's one requires 4 types of fragments and Thorium's one requires 3). It's just a very small tweak, but it's small things like this one that make mods feel more compatible.

Once again, thank you for the mod! Good luck!

Thorium mod has enemy repellents. Would be nice to see suitable modded enemies be affected by them. Here's alink the the wiki page that will give you mire information about them: Enemy Repellents.

1) Liber Creaturarum;
2) Valhalla Mod;
3) Consolaria;
4) Miscellania;
5) Storm's Additions;
7) The Depths.

Thorium will have mod.Call for registering enemies to repellent lists in 1.4.4

Hello! It's me again. I have to report that so.e of my suggestions are obsolete now.
1. Holy Hand Grenade II is obtainbale in the 1.4.4 version of Consolaria. This means it shouldn't be blacklisted in an Item Checklist anymore, so you can remove this change when you port the mod.
2. Fisherman NPC's Caught Fisherman item doesn't load anymore if the option is turned off in the config. This means that it shouldn't be blacklisted in an Item Checklist too, so you don't have to add any compatibility.

Also, this is not really a suggestion, but your mod doesn't work if Thorium mod's Rescue Fairies (by the way, it's a very interesting mod) compatibility is enabled. I've attached a screenshot of an error.

Once again thank you for the mod and thank you for adding my ideas into it! Good luck!

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    1 MB · Views: 92
Hello! It's me again. I have to report that so.e of my suggestions are obsolete now.
1. Holy Hand Grenade II is obtainbale in the 1.4.4 version of Consolaria. This means it shouldn't be blacklisted in an Item Checklist anymore, so you can remove this change when you port the mod.
2. Fisherman NPC's Caught Fisherman item doesn't load anymore if the option is turned off in the config. This means that it shouldn't be blacklisted in an Item Checklist too, so you don't have to add any compatibility.

Also, this is not really a suggestion, but your mod doesn't work if Thorium mod's Rescue Fairies (by the way, it's a very interesting mod) compatibility is enabled. I've attached a screenshot of an error.

Once again thank you for the mod and thank you for adding my ideas into it! Good luck!
Thanks for the update! I'll mark down the grenade and fisherman for the port.
As for the Rescue Fairies issue: Turns out, I found and fixed this issue three months ago! Except I never actually updated the mod to fix it. Whoops.
I'll get an update to Rescue Fairies out shortly. Thank you for the report!

Thanks for the update! I'll mark down the grenade and fisherman for the port.
As for the Rescue Fairies issue: Turns out, I found and fixed this issue three months ago! Except I never actually updated the mod to fix it. Whoops.
I'll get an update to Rescue Fairies out shortly. Thank you for the report!
Hello! It's me again with some corrections!

I've found out that Consolaria has two more unobtainable items: a Spectral Arrow and a Vulcan Bolt. I'm not sure how I've missed them before. The Spectral Arrow is obtainable in the 1.4.4.9 version of the mod though.

I'm sorry for the confusion I've caused!

Hello! It's me again with some corrections!

I've found out that Consolaria has two more unobtainable items: a Spectral Arrow and a Vulcan Bolt. I'm not sure how I've missed them before. The Spectral Arrow is obtainable in the 1.4.4.9 version of the mod though.

I'm sorry for the confusion I've caused!
Thanks again for the update! I'll be sure to mark those as unobtainable.

Back
Top Bottom