Game Mechanics Renewability of Hellstone

Glasia🌳

Living Tree
Currently Hellstone is limited in one world, i.e. if everything is mined up, you would have to create another world to get more hellstone, especially if you want to build with the bricks or to grind money.

To make renewable hellstone I have these approaches:
  1. The hellstone and obsidian crates when fished from underworld lava should have a chance to contain hellstone (9-15), obsidian (3-5) or hellstone bars (3-8)
  2. Hell enemies drop 1-2 hellstone with a 10% chance if in hardmode
  3. Re-fighting and defeating again Wall of flesh should randomly place in hell 8-10 veins of hellstone
  4. If needed to make it harder to obtain hellstone in high quantities fast you could lock it away to the shadow lock boxes (but not shadow chests)

I think the 1st option would be the most logical one, and the easiest to implement. That would be my go-to way to renew hellstone, as fishing is already one of the only ways to renew nearly all of the naturally generated ores in the game.

Another idea I had was making it like chloro where it naturally "grows" over time, though it would look weird, and wouldn't make sense since chloro is kind of a natural organic ore while hellstone is just heat

This is, I beleive, because of the values of the ores:
Cobalt: 7 silver
Hellstone: 2.50 silver
Crimtane: 13 silver
Demonite: 10 Silver
Meteorite: 2.50 silver
Platinum 4.50 silver
What if hellstone sold for 5 silver? Problem solved.

Last edited:
What is hellstone sold for 5 silver? Problem solved.
Genuinely surprised it’s cheaper than demonite and crimtane with how harder it is to obtain. You can’t just farm it from EoC/EoW/BoC, and have to mine through tunnels just under lava lakes to just get it

Back
Top Bottom