Mobile [3DS] Hardware Limitations

mckaystites

Terrarian
So browsing through the forums recently (lurking cause I don't post a whole lot <_<) I've noticed a lot of 3DS users requesting features and new update possibilities and I've admittedly become quite annoyed. So let's start with this, 3DS users requesting larger worlds (up to date with mobiles most recent update in "Expanded World") when it's just not possible. Now I don't program or use the 3DS, but 99% of the time, the statue of limitations on hardware performance is universal. What I'm trying to say is that, though I may primarily code and use iOS and Android, a 256 MB ram Capacity for 3DS is the same as 256 MB ram capacity for iOS. You may be asking whether or not that is good. Well the simplest answer is no. 256 MB of ram is very limited, it ties in with that of an iPhone 4. Not a 4s, just an iPhone 4. Any device with under I'd say a gig of ram, (1 gig = 1000 mb) won't be able to handle larger worlds due to chunk rendering and just plain old lack of performance. This applies to other possible features that iPhone users may obtain that 3DS users want. The 3DS is the most limited hand held on the market, and I wish more people would understand the limitations of hardware rather than chalking it down to the fault of the developer. So please, keep in mind (With all older, or low RAM devices) that it's not always the developers fault that your game platform won't recieve new features as others, or perform as well as other platforms. There's only so much they can do.

Back
Top Bottom