WIP A Guide to Creatures, both Celestial and Earthly

ChipperCrow

Steampunker
[IF ANYONE HAPPENS TO BE LOOKING AT THIS, UPDATE AS OF 2022: as can be assumed from how old this is, i have no plans to ever finish this. however, it's entirely possible that i'll one day return to this.]

"what is this" glad you asked! it's like. not quite a story. i'll probably put this as 'other literature' when it's finished. if we can change it afterwards. i think we can? that's probably why there's the [WIP] thing in the first place.
basically, a collection of my 'lore' ideas. a bit of focus on the four pillars, but there will be other things, like corruption, hallow, etc.

not sure if we're able to create these things? there should be enough 'creative' writing here that i can post it here.

Storm_Diver.png
Vortexian.png

Vortexian
Someone who's friends with a vortexian said:
"I tried to hug my friend and she gave me an electric shock. This happens every time!"

Vortexians are bony humanoids of average height, aligned with the Vortex planet. They are rather fast, and good at scurrying (and swarming) all over things. However, despite the similarities to their stardust-aligned cousins, the stargazers, they prefer to stay back and avoid harm. Vortexians are mostly known for their love for ranged weapons - the nebula-aligned predictors had already become known for their weapons that took hold of magic, so they had almost no choice but to sell and use guns (and rarely bows), instead. However, while some of the best ranged weapons come from the Vortex planet or were designed by vortexians, they aren't their only weapons. Possibly due to how stormy their home planet is, vortexians seem to generate electricity. They can't generate enough to kill someone all the time, but very minor electric 'shocks' are common when simply trying to hug a vortexian friend. Most cannot control this, but it's entirely possible for some to learn how to, and these ones are the best vortexians to become Storm Divers. Vortexians seem to generate more electricity inside the cavity in their chest, and much more near the partially-'exposed' brain. When a vortexian dies, they release a much more significant amount of electricity.

Storm Divers are not exactly a different kind of vortexian. Rather, they are soldiers who have trained to control their electricity, or unfortunate vortexians who hatched with too much electricity to live normal lives. They can use this electricity to power their weapons and jetpacks, or to physically shock an opponent. Many wear special armour that covers everything but their claws (or their entire hands), to prevent accidental shocks. Swarms of Storm Divers are commonly sent out to places that are being 'converted' by vortexians.

Never accept a handshake from a Storm Diver with an exposed hand.

Alien_Larva.png
Alien_Hornet.png
Alien_Queen.png

Liect
The Official Stargazer Guide to Alien Pests said:
"An important thing to note when dealing with a liect infestation is that you NEVER. GET RID OF THE QUEENS. YOURSELF. Actually, you shouldn't even get rid of the hornets yourself. The larvae are fine if you have the right weapons, but the hornets tend to attack in groups, and the queens... well, let's just say that getting shot by one is an unpleasant experience."

Liects are vortexian pests who, thankfully, do not generate electricity. However, they can spawn more of themselves extremely fast, and the adults have a strange weapon. They resemble insects in all three stages of life, from larva to queen. Liects are often nicknamed 'Alien Hornets', although they are only somewhat similar to vespids. Liects are unnervingly large - older queens can be taller than the average humanoid, even in their usual curled-up state. Despite what lying aliens may tell you, FOR THE LAST TIME, NO LIECT CAN BE KEPT AS A PET. They are aggressive, more than wasps, and would rather have their owner as a snack than any 'Bug Food'. Phobias of liects are very common, although they aren't exactly irrational fears.

Liects, as has been mentioned before, have three life stages. The first one is the larvae. [WIP]
[WIP]
[WIP]
[WIP]
[WIP]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom