A list of things I'd love to see in 1.4

teckton

Duke Fishron
Greetings, I finally came back out of lurking.

I'm super stoked about Journey's End, and I'm loving that a lot of old or outdated things are getting some attention. Keep it up, Re-Logic. I look forward to what spoilers you guys have for us! BUT, with a major update, comes a wishlist! So here are the things I'd really love to see in the upcoming Journey's End update.

-An item-finding feature for chests
I'd LOVE to see this get added. It's probably my most wanted feature, and I wouldn't be all to surprised if it's the most requested feature from the community, too. I know that you can sort items yourself, but to a person who has a lot of friends who don't do well with organization and throw a bunch of random items in a chest without realizing you can run around the storage room and quick stack, this would be huge. Yeah, there are mods that do specifically that, but it wouldn't be compatible until a new mod loader rolls around after 1.4.

-An item/recipe browser -OR- an improved recipe browser for the Guide
Sadly, this will get rid of the Guide's only purpose besides a sacrifice that summons the WoF. Admittedly, as long as I've played Terraria for, I often forget recipes, so I frequently use the guide, though I can't see past or further recipes. Giving the guide these improvements will most definitely make it to where I won't have to go to the Wiki to look up an entire recipe chain. Alternatively, we could use a simple recipe browser, much like the Bestiary that is still in the works.

-A re-designed dungeon entrance
One of the things that we haven't seen yet is a spoiler for a dungeon entrance re-design, and it's one of the things that are pretty out of date. Besides a re-texture of the dungeon blocks themselves and some corner slopes, nothings really changed. There are plenty of concepts out there that give tons of ideas.

-A Hallow-themed boss
The Hallow hasn't seen too many new features recently, so putting a boss themed around it would be perfect! It could have crystal-like features that resemble the underground Hallow, and features that resemble the surface hallow.

Anyway, those are all I have as of now. Let me know what you think.

What's your guys' wishlist?

-An item/recipe browser -OR- an improved recipe browser for the Guide
Sadly, this will get rid of the Guide's only purpose besides a sacrifice that summons the WoF. Admittedly, as long as I've played Terraria for, I often forget recipes, so I frequently use the guide, though I can't see past or further recipes. Giving the guide these improvements will most definitely make it to where I won't have to go to the Wiki to look up an entire recipe chain. Alternatively, we could use a simple recipe browser, much like the Bestiary that is still in the works.
Don't think it's a good idea to show all possible items from start on (for new players). If such thing is implemented it should be like the Bestiary. Before searching through it you need to craft it at least once (in any of your playthroughs).

------my wishlist-------
-Similar to your first wish I think item sorting need some tweaks. Currently it sorts for reforging type first and item type 2nd. With this equal items are spread all over the chest/inventory if you have multiple accessories. It need o sort item type first and reforge type 2nd. With this same items would stay together after sorting.

-Stable world seeds for all users. Currently a generated world with equal seed (and other options) can be different for different users. Currently world gen of a new world can also depend at the worlds you generated before and if their count is even or odd.

-Bubble blocks should not destroy NPC flats. Currently if you use a bubble block in a NPC house it counts as valid but if a NPC lives in there he moves out and never comes back.

-Points for Old One's Army like for the Moon Events but also scoring faster killing speed. With this an alternative mode which generates the same order of enemies every time you play it (as in any other TD)

-Alternative mode for Forst & Pumpkin moon with same order of enemies. With this you can compare different strategies better. Currently to archive a high score the impact factor of luck is way higher than skill.

-Ultimate showdown (last two points not needed with this). One day (24min) to fight every enemy, boss and event (lvl 15,20). Like in Old One's Army they spawn from left and right. It has a score system which scores for kill count, killed enemy type and speed. You always fight an event and a boss at the same time. Finished one of those the next harder one spawns.
Other than in current events the enemy order and count is always equal. So it is equal every time you play it. With this you can better compare strategies and a high score is no luck but skill.
This event would be post-ML after all other stuff was done. It can be used to gather some missing drops and would give those overpowered ML-drops some meaning.

-----
Last 3 unrealistic. I would be fine if they just fix those crucial bugs for world gen seeds and bubble blocks.

All sounds reasonable :) I'm not too optimistic about my wishlist, but I'd have to say the following:

1) Remove or rework the piercing damage cap,, having to make weird mixes of pets or ask people not to use certain weapons in multiplayer isn't fun, especially when it isn't even listed anywhere visible inside the game

2) Remove the 'snapshot' mechanic from summons and have their damage scale to your current bonuses. If the class is undertuned without having/being able to swap out a full set of armour and accessories before and after summoning then retune it.

3) We've seen kites being held but I really hope they're placeable. If they're held only then we aren't going to see very much of them, but I'd love to tie them to a stand in my builds.

4) Further expansion of areas that there's really no need to visit. It sounds like we're getting some revamping of the desert and maybe the ocean - I hope marble and granite biomes get a little love too, even if Thorium scratches my itch here in modded..

Back
Top Bottom