Blocks & Decoration A slight change to Target Dummies

Do you support? (I'm just going to make a poll, it's my first time, whatever!)

• Yeah! Great suggestion!

Votes: 18 100.0%
  • No thanks... But I can explain why!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

YldaACPR42

Plantera
Hello and welcome to my first EVER suggestion! I hope you liked it, and constructive criticism is always appreciated.
(Also, I'm really sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.)

So, let's get started.

You know this guy?

84044-8af819ce2ddf2a3ef061252fbc103b9d.jpg

(If you don't, he is a Target Dummy.)

Anyway, I think that it would be really cool to be able to place armour on to this guy. Maybe simply for aesthetics, or
maybe the Target Dummy's defence will go up depending on the armour you give him!

Also, perhaps the target dummy will acquire the set bonus from the armour?
(Not very useful for the dummy, he can't attack you... he can't use set bonuses)

But, say you give him a full set of Chlorophyte Armour! Maybe he can have his own leaf crystal thing that attacks you! (Dodging practice?)
Or turtle armour! (That could be disastrous if you use a Legendary Meowmere on the Target Dummy...)

This idea would be really useful when practicing for bosses (dodging projectiles) or even testing how much damage an armour would take from a specific weapon!

So... yeah! I hope you liked my suggestion!

Thank you so much for reading my first ever suggestion!

Remember, constructive criticism is always welcome!

YldaACPR42

EDIT: I just realized that maybe it could be a whole new type of manikin/dummy, you can combine them at an anvil maybe, and then you are able to put armour on your target dummy!

Attachments

• Target_Dummy_(placed).gif
    Target_Dummy_(placed).gif
    3 KB · Views: 608
Last edited:
I play mobile so this won't affect me at all, but sounds like an excellent suggestion for in depth youtube channel testing!

I play mobile so this won't affect me at all, but sounds like an excellent suggestion for in depth youtube channel testing!

Thank you so much for your opinion! I used to play on mobile too, I feel like it is so... outdated, I guess.

This is amazing!
All they need to do is figure out how to put armor on the actual Target Dummy.
I guess it would work sort of like a manikin (did I spell that right?), and then they would have to sort of animate it so it moves when being hit as well. Thanks for the support!

Wow. That's actually a great idea! I can see it having a lot of uses for testing weapons against different armor types. However I would say that it would probably be better for the armor to be placed on it, instead of a new item. That way it would avoid a whole bunch of new rather pointless items, and the armor could be taken off and actually used.

Wow. That's actually a great idea! I can see it having a lot of uses for testing weapons against different armor types. However I would say that it would probably be better for the armor to be placed on it, instead of a new item. That way it would avoid a whole bunch of new rather pointless items, and the armor could be taken off and actually used.

Yeah, you are right, it would be a lot easier to just make it just the target dummy, and not another item. Thanks for reading!

Would the Chlorophyte Armor dummy's crystal also attack enemies? Because if it does, I can see that getting used a lot as a turret of sorts.

Maybe you would be able to right-click the target dummy and it would switch from attacking you to enemies? It would be pretty cool to have a turret that looks like some cool armour!

Even without the set effects, it would be really nice if you could put armor on it, just so you could easily check your DPS versus a tougher target.

Good idea! I probably would use it for an unintended reason, putting pharaoh armor on it and beat it up because I didn't get a sandstorm in a bottle.

Yeah, you are right, it would be a lot easier to just make it just the target dummy, and not another item. Thanks for reading!

Maybe you would be able to right-click the target dummy and it would switch from attacking you to enemies? It would be pretty cool to have a turret that looks like some cool armour!

I would prefer if you could toggle it on and off with wires.

Back
Top Bottom