PC Accidentally deleted characters.

hunterD

Terrarian
Hello all! I recently had an issue with a game crash, and in trying to fix the issue, I deleted some game files including my characters and worlds. I don't care so much about the worlds as I mostly have been playing on a friend's world. But, my character was looking pretty good. I was able to recover what I deleted, including the .plr.bak file but after renaming that file to a .plr file, I started seeing this blank character slot rather than my character (screenshot attached). Anyone know why I can't get it to recognize the character and what I can do to get it back?
P.S: I did not modify the game in any way, I simply messed up and deleted the files by accident. Specifically, I deleted the entire Terraria folder in C:\Users\***\Documents\My Games; yes I know, big goof. Any help would be great!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    31.6 KB · Views: 466
Well, the solution I find that works the best with these type of issues with characters is using a character editor to retrieve and recreate you character.

http://yal.cc/r/terrasavr/ is an online character editor that will allow you to edit the stats, equipment, and inventory of the character you lost. I would try that, it will also allow you to put items that you may have lost from a world in your piggy bank or inventory.

If you have any questions on its use let me know.

Well, the solution I find that works the best with these type of issues with characters is using a character editor to retrieve and recreate you character.

http://yal.cc/r/terrasavr/ is an online character editor that will allow you to edit the stats, equipment, and inventory of the character you lost. I would try that, it will also allow you to put items that you may have lost from a world in your piggy bank or inventory.

I have never used this tool so any help would be great! :)
[doublepost=1527538311,1527538083][/doublepost]
I have never used this tool so any help would be great! :)

It is saying my PLR file isn't a valid profile

Yeah rather than editing your plr file you'll make a new one. Let's get a brief overview of how to use it.

2DIm8zo.png

• Red indicates where you type the name of your character.
  • Pink Indicates the button you press after making all the changes you want, pressing this button will save the character and download the file.
  • Green Indicates the button you press when you want to load an existing player file, you won't need this.
  • Blue indicates the area you customize you character, you'll leave the format at 1.3.5 change the health and mana to reflect what you had, select what difficulty the character file was using, any fishing quests that you did, if you beat the WoF and used his heart in expert mode (that's the thing that says extra accessory), and finally what your character looked like.
uGZRqI0.png

• Yellow indicates the place where you'll find the items you're looking for. Click on the search part and start typing in the name of the item
  • Orange is where ammo goes, do not put items that aren't considered ammunition here.
  • Red is the place where coins go. Do not put anything that isn't money here.
  • Purple is where you place accessories, do not place anything that isn't an accessory here. Remember to use the social slots if you had cosmetic accessories and the dye slots if you used any dyes.
  • Pink is where the available items will appear from using the search function.
  • You will not need to use the Save/Load equips function, that isn't for you.
SlzZ74w.png

• The Misc page is pretty self explanatory, put your pets, hooks, and mounts here.
8T4jVgM.png

• Another page that is self explanatory, all the slots indicate an inventory slot. Put the items you want in your inventory using this tab.
  • The Bank and Safe tabs will look the same, they just indicate anything that was kept in your piggy bank or your safe, so we won't be screenshotting those tabs.
  • The worlds tab isn't for you, so you won't need to use it. Therefore we won't be covering it.
  • The Buffs tab is any buff you want when you spawn in, it's not necessary so you won't need to use it either.
  • Finally if you have any other questions click the help tab for documentation on how to further use the website.

If you have any additional questions or something didn't make sense let me know.

Yeah rather than editing your plr file you'll make a new one. Let's get a brief overview of how to use it.

2DIm8zo.png

• Red indicates where you type the name of your character.
  • Pink Indicates the button you press after making all the changes you want, pressing this button will save the character and download the file.
  • Green Indicates the button you press when you want to load an existing player file, you won't need this.
  • Blue indicates the area you customize you character, you'll leave the format at 1.3.5 change the health and mana to reflect what you had, select what difficulty the character file was using, any fishing quests that you did, if you beat the WoF and used his heart in expert mode (that's the thing that says extra accessory), and finally what your character looked like.
uGZRqI0.png

• Yellow indicates the place where you'll find the items you're looking for. Click on the search part and start typing in the name of the item
  • Orange is where ammo goes, do not put items that aren't considered ammunition here.
  • Red is the place where coins go. Do not put anything that isn't money here.
  • Purple is where you place accessories, do not place anything that isn't an accessory here. Remember to use the social slots if you had cosmetic accessories and the dye slots if you used any dyes.
  • Pink is where the available items will appear from using the search function.
  • You will not need to use the Save/Load equips function, that isn't for you.
SlzZ74w.png

• The Misc page is pretty self explanatory, put your pets, hooks, and mounts here.
8T4jVgM.png

• Another page that is self explanatory, all the slots indicate an inventory slot. Put the items you want in your inventory using this tab.
  • The Bank and Safe tabs will look the same, they just indicate anything that was kept in your piggy bank or your safe, so we won't be screenshotting those tabs.
  • The worlds tab isn't for you, so you won't need to use it. Therefore we won't be covering it.
  • The Buffs tab is any buff you want when you spawn in, it's not necessary so you won't need to use it either.
  • Finally if you have any other questions click the help tab for documentation on how to further use the website.

If you have any additional questions or something didn't make sense let me know.

could you do us all a favor and explain to us where we're supposed to put the TLR file when we're done?
I've been looking everywhere and can't find any information on that

Back
Top Bottom